notthinginking notthinginking 26-30 15 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Community

stop asking us, switch the computer off, and just get on with it.....three days wouldn't be enough for my stuff so I help you have a minimalist attitude.

Best Answer

I can't turn my comp off, that would mean loss of music! although it would probably be of benefit for me to not be on here I must admit!

Best Answer

I hear you about the music, I'm the same...no comp no music... I would suggest disconnecting the net then. Although there will be things that you can't pack until the last day so concentrate on getting the others boxed first.

Best Answer

Pack in boxes you can actually lift and move

Best Answer

Sift through the stuff and see what all you want to throw away. That saves your money of packing and transport and time. <br />
Then, the boxes and marker pens etc.

Best Answer

My entire place is designed to grab and go.

Best Answer

you need me lol

Best Answer

you're welcome to come and help me, ha!

Best Answer

Hold on ill just check my diary...

Best Answer

Start by packing the computer, cell phone, and TVs. Then you will have a lot more time to pack the rest of the stuff.<br />
Don't move old used furniture. Put it in a yard sale or just on the curb with a "free" sign. You can get more old used furniture at the new place. Toss out 1/2 of your clothes, you don't wear them anyway. <br />
Last time I moved I bought a used U-Haul truck, made 2 full trips half way across the US, and then sold the truck at the new location. You may not be moving so far.

Best Answer

No, I'm only moving 2 miles!

Best Answer

Since you prolly know what is in each of your rooms, you pack each room and label it,....so that you know where to find what you are looking for, when you get to your new place...pack your boxes so that you can 'close' them....you get more of them in each trip and they're stack-able....just sayn....[keep same room boxes, together]...

Best Answer

Is your house on wheels?

Best Answer

No, unfortunately

Best Answer

have a packing party with a bunch of friends

Best Answer

Good idea!

Best Answer

I'm an expert packer<br />
Still, I say— if you only have 3 days, hire a professional. If you can't do that, buy standard size packing boxes and materials from U-haul or Ryder or some similar place (Don't buy their tape, tho-- it sucks. Get 3-M heavy duty packing tape. The clear stuff sticks better.)

Best Answer

Sell at that you can, then buy new

Best Answer

Do not waste time on ep just pack

Best Answer

I am multi tasking! ha ha, but good advice thanks!"

Best Answer

Haa i hate packing

Best Answer

label boxes with marker on all sides, put in right room immediately........git free help

Best Answer