GyeNyame GyeNyame 36-40, M 9 Answers Mar 19 in Embarrassing & Funny

Yes. But my lawyer thinks he can plea bargain it down to 2 years probation...

Best Answer

Good luck

Best Answer

If that's true ten I should either already be dead or I'll have to live to about 175 just to receive all the accumulated bad luck. I cleaned out houses after fires and floods for years and I broke many mirrors when tossing them into dumpsters. Maybe I broke so many that the bad luck kind of bent back on itself or something. Or maybe it's only taking a few decades to kick in.

Best Answer

Could be. I broke a mirror in 1991. My bad luck didn't truly kick in until 2005. Let's see... add 7 years to that= 2012. Nah.... It's still some more **** happening. I must have broken another mirror.

Best Answer

It brings up so many other things that are supposed to be bad luck too. Like spilling salt and not tossing over your shoulder (I forget which shoulder). The reason I don't believe them is that both salt and mirrors were once prohibitively expensive and breaking a mirror or spilling salt was a financial nightmare. Mirrors were also very hard to come by once. I think someone just started those superstitions either to make their own children be more careful, or to make the hired help more careful.

Best Answer

Probably so. The most I know about mirrors is when they were introduced to Ancient Egypt around that time. They started using them for whatever type of magic they were doing. It supposedly connects you to the spirit world. Maybe so based on one of the cases I remember about Ed and Lorraine Warren. I still don't see what that has to do with bad luck. The salt thing u brought up threw me up. I've never heard that one before.

Best Answer

I'm sure the mirror as a connection to the spirit world plays a big part in why the superstition persisted and is still so common today. The salt thing comes from back when getting salt was labor intensive and it was difficult to get inland for from the ocean. It was necessary as a meat preservative as well as a seasoning for food. Roman soldiers and laborers were often given salt as part of their payment. It was also used at times to purchase slaves. The term "He's not worth his salt" comes from that, if you've ever happened to hear of that term. It's meaning was either that someone wasn't worth their weight in salt or that they weren't worth the salt it took to pay them or to purchase them. Since salt was practically a currency back then, it's little wonder that it was considered bad luck to spill it or waste it. The superstition developed with the idea that an evil spirit behind you had caused you to spill the salt, and that it may have more mayhem in store for you. By throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder, you effectively blinded the evil spirit, who would then leave you in peace.

Best Answer

I learned something new today. I dig kats that know their history.

Best Answer

Well, I hope I never have to find out.

Best Answer

Not at all

Best Answer

Maybe just maybe but I doubt it lol

Best Answer

I wouldn't like to think so with the amount of mirrors I've broke this year alone :(

Best Answer

Breaking a condom can get you 18 years bad luck

Best Answer

yes it happened to me!

Best Answer

What happened exactly?

Best Answer

I accidently stepped on a small mirror that had fallen on the floor. Shortly after that my girlfriend took me to court. Then I lost my job because of drinking and that caused me to lose my house. 7 after I broke the mirror I found a $20 bill at the Laundry Mat and I took a chance went to the bingo and when $35. Might just be coincidence but maybe not.

Best Answer