It used to be just us po-folks growing mint in vacant lots, but it's really taken off in the UK and, to some extent in the US. There are videos of Brits hauling materials to a site, fixing up a crap-hole so it looks super beautiful, and then disappearing into the night. Even though it's technically vandalism, the cops don't work really hard to find the perpetrators because why would they? Anyway, it seems like 2012 might be my year. What about you?
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 4 Answers Feb 9, 2012

I have a beautiful legal garden. I also discovered that my stepson has a green thumb himself...now why he chose the ally for his planting.....hmmmm.....I may never know. *wink*

Best Answer

Im thinking illegal gardening means growing canabis, I did years ago when I smoked alot but now it's to hard to find a good place and they allways get stolen or the varments eat them before they mature.

Best Answer

Of course, it could mean weed, but the kind I am thinking about is actually either edible crops or stuff that makes a place look much better.

Best Answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCy76mePNyo This is one of my favorite videos of this activity that a German friend turned me on to. But if you go to quite a number of cities in the USA and I am sure other places, there is mint or sometimes even rows of crops in abandoned lots. Sometimes, if you look behind an Asian restaurant, you will see them quite easily.

Best Answer

Noo...but...brilliant idea! Love it!<br />
Requires more thought and research, to Google and beyond!<br />
it's quite possibly you have brought me my newest hobby :D

Best Answer

It's as easy as a pack of seeds, a full moon, and a sneaky thought.

Best Answer

Beautiful :D I'M READY URBAN WORLD!

Best Answer

Have fun.

Best Answer