My mom is having problems again. The chemo and radiation have started (five times a week until Christmas Eve), but my sister shared with me today that my mom was very, very disoriented the other night. She didn't know where she was, and was not thinking clearly at all. I know the medicine and changed diet are probably wreaking havoc with her diabetes, and I am really concerned... She seems to be deteriorating quickly... : (
lonelyheart807 lonelyheart807 41-45, F 12 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I hear you and have experienced the death of both of my parents (one in 1988 and one in 1997) passing away the week of Thanksgiving. They were both buried the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I had no idea even as November began that I would not be spending Thanksgiving with them. What is so important to me is to cherish the time you have with your parents or whoever else in your life. We never know when we are in the last day of life. Take time to invest in those you love and appreciate the opportunity to be be together.

Best Answer

I have lost both of my parents. And my sister also has cancer. She is due to start raditation for the six weeks. One treatment daily. I am not sure what will happen from there. <br />
My heart does go out for you. And the problems that you are now facing. You do have my prayers and hoping that you find all the answers that you are looking for.<br />
Good luck

Best Answer

I know what you're going through.<br />
My heart goes out to your Mom, and you and your family.<br />
(((Major Hugs)

Best Answer

I am very sorry to hear that. Don't wait until next Thanksgiving, make Next week Thanksgiving too. Celebrate her life while you still have her. I tried 2x this year to commit suicide and almost left my own empty spot at the dinner table this year.

Best Answer

You watch out for yourself. Life is a gift. Unless your in pain. You don't want to hurt those around you do you.

Best Answer

hmm my father was so sick we thought he would never make it another year but he did and the year after that lololo<br />
but my twin sister was killed by drunk driver in the spring so u just never know who will and wont be around <br />
heres hoping your mom is around for years to come

Best Answer

Thank you...

Best Answer

I hadn't thought about it today, until reading your question, but my mom is in her 80s and has a pace maker, so it has occurred to me that we may not have for too many more years.<br />
I am sorry to hear that your mom is so ill. The disorientation could have been a temporary thing either due to blood sugar issues or because of other medication, so hopefully that won't be an on-going problem. My mom didn't recognize me as her daughter one day when I went to her house. It turned out to be an electrolyte imbalance due to medication and was quickly taken care of. I hope the situation with your mom turns out to be temporary as well.

Best Answer

If you still have your mother with you on this little planet your lucky then. My mother has been gone for twentfive years. So hug her for me. And tell her again that you love her.

Best Answer