on a political party solicitation list? Even my congressional reps won't take me off, said they are not in charge of solicitations. Tried to block them every way but they come right back with a different name. Tried updating my e-mail to a junk box, but they still send to same one. Called their offices, e-mailed them. They still won't go away. Any other suggestions?
FlowersNButterflies FlowersNButterflies 51-55, F 8 Answers Jun 24 in Politics

What happened to your delete button...???

Best Answer

Several times a day every day... ? I am being harassed and will not donate, will not vote again in this lifetime. They tell you you can unsubscribe, but it is a lie.

Best Answer

Do you have a life outside the internet ???

Best Answer

Not much. I am dying of CADASIL. Read my third blog down. Also, your response was a wee bit superior because you didn't get the facts first. If I wasn't time-limited and stress worsening my condition, it would be less an issue. And you didn't answer the uestion.

Best Answer

lol there are actually laws against that and people have gone to jail for it. Press charges.

Best Answer

Politicians have gone to jail over soliciting money....LMAO

Best Answer

Not when it is Congress or their legally designated reps!

Best Answer

What laws? I called US DOJ ADA division as a disabled person, and they said Congress excluded themselves from this type harassment, nothing I could do or they could do to help.

Best Answer

Just mark it as Spam and get on with your life lol

Best Answer

Have iPad? Tell me how.

Best Answer

Eww. iPad's Mail app is a piece of crap. You can't do anything with it.

Best Answer

I live in Panama.

Best Answer

what do they do? call you, you could try going on the donotcall.gov list

Best Answer

The law excludes political or charitable calls!

Best Answer

ABC did a report. It seems like everyone who votes regularly is a target. I actually wound up changing my registration to "Unaffiliated" just to stop the harassment. http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/i-team-investigates/i-team-stopping-unwanted-political-solicitations

Best Answer

At last, somebody who gets it, thank you!

Best Answer

I did once and a actually by a party I usually don't dislike, but they started to **** me off so I just called them, told them that they are starting to annoy me and they took me off the list... But different country different rules I guess, sometimes these things are also depending on who you talk to. If it's just email you are lucky I'd say... but if it annoys you this much get to the congressional reps and when they say they are not in charge of solicitation ask them who is... and that this is really annyoing you and that they should do something about it.

Best Answer

Unfortunately yes and those lists are given to third party firms so your best best is to just ignore them the primary political parties can't stop them if they wanted.

Best Answer

Ignore them? It's only email. It's not like it makes any noise. On the other and, can't you just ID each email as junk and your email account will direct it there?

Best Answer

I have tried to spam block, doesn't work. If you were dying as I am would it be okay to have harassment on-going? I am too sick, and I have been trying for over a year to get left alone. Each spam filter just makes them use a different name. I can't block them all or spend an hour a day trying to rid myself. I don't have that much time left. Congress excluded themselves from the no-call list and so they harass for time and money. You are obviously fortunate not to be in this position. Politics sucks. Being sick sucks.

Best Answer