I know its a pain in the ***.. you'll be worn down more than likely to a pathetic settlement. Stick to your guns, they always demand respect and get it when suck too.

Best Answer

I had two anesthesiologists messing around while putting in a pain pump, they ended up putting the pain pump into my lung instead of the nerves for my shoulder, I had a pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and almost died.<br />
To file a medical malpractice suit in my state is a nightmare, attorneys have to pay $25,000 UPFRONT just to file and that's no guarantee I would win. So basically it would have been better if I had died in the eyes of the court.<br />
Your chances of winning are slim, all doctors disclose potential side effects of surgery, your attorney is going to take a huge cut if you do win, the doctors attorneys are going to shred you in court. And even if you do win its going to be held up on appeals.

Best Answer

So sorry to hear that Sshinesc, That's terrible!
I asked the dentist what the risks were and he said "maybe a little numb lip for a while" I said OK , he didn't tell me anything like this would happen, i didn't sign a waiver either. The tooth didn't have to come out, nothing medically wrong, was told it should come out to "prevent any future problems" well, problems I got.
The attorney I contacted said there is no money upfront and the attorneys cost I would pay only if I won, if I don't, it's written off. She said 95% don't go to court but settle, if won attorney gets 33% after costs.
I just don't know what goes on in a lawsuit, I don't know if I can handle the stress of it.
Did you go through with the lawsuit?

Best Answer

No I didn't because I was basically told it would have been better if I had just died, I understand that people file frivolous lawsuits but people like you and I get screwed over, I did however force the hospital to write off the bills and filed complaints with the state medical board, not to mention that my orthopedist refuses to use the two anesthesiologsts

Best Answer