sammie20 sammie20 26-30, F 19 Answers Nov 22, 2012 in Health

Black-colored blackout curtains to make bedroom dark during day; Also need to mask daytime sound with ocean waves or something.

Best Answer

Sleep in. Seriously, I dunno. I never really had to "adjust" to working nights.

Best Answer

Amphetamines will keep you awake but......forget it,just speed,forget work and see where it takes you!Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!

Best Answer

Tin foil on the window... and a radio set too low white noise too try too block out the daytime noises

Best Answer

its more fun cuz everyone else is asleep- i'm a midnight owl

Best Answer

eye mask. you can get them really cheap on ebay.

Best Answer

I worked nights for 25 years, and never adjusted. In fact, I don't know of anyone who did adjust to it.

Best Answer

Don't go out with friends in the day... Go to sleep! Put your phone on silent because all the people you used to know don't exist to you in your new world while you learn to adjust.

Best Answer

don't do it for too long, trying to adjust back to a daytime schedule is hell

Best Answer

I have been doing it for years, and it is against my natural rhythm. However, you can mitigate the damage to your body and mind by deciding what your sleep hours will be and sticking to them. Try your best to keep close enough hours on your days off. Also, buy some blackout curtains. And those noise headphones if you have to.

Best Answer

meditate and summon strength

Best Answer

I was never able to do it. I had to quit the one job I had that was a night job.

Best Answer

**cringes in horror**

Best Answer

Try having a few hours in the morning and go back to bed for a couple of hours before your shift starts. Nights are never easy .Good luck

Best Answer