I have wanted to move to Chittagong Bangladesh for a very long time. My Fiance lives there. We have been seeing the other for over two years and I am wanting to leave the United States to be with him. Anybody here that has sucessfully moved to a different country that can help me? I would appreciate it. If you can help, add me on facebook and message saying about this asked question so I know why you are messaging me. Thank you.
ladymorticia ladymorticia 18-21, F 9 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Travel

If you are really considering this, I would suggest visiting and then deciding if you like it well enough to legally immigrate and what that would entail

Best Answer

I lived in Manilla, Philippines for a few years. Moving to a third world country is very different. Total culture shock. Wouldn't do it again, but glad that I had the chance to see and live there.

Best Answer

I am living in Saudi Arabia from USA my husband works here, I've been here a year and pretty much hate it. If you do go make sure there is a way you can come home if you want out.

Best Answer

Please think very carefully before deciding to live in Bangladesh. It is a completely different culture than you will have been used to in the US - women are slightly lower in status than men. We have a lot of Bangladeshis living here in the UK; why don't they want to stay in Bangladesh.......?<br />
The country suffers regular flood disasters; I know the US has had a few too, but the ones in Bangladesh are regular and devastating. It is massively overcrowded and a lot of it is very near sea level. Do you speak the local language? English will be spoken by officials and businessmen but not by many ordinary folk, so you might find yourself rather isolated.<br />
If you do decide to go, then good luck. You will need it. <br />
By the way, they do drive on the correct side of the road :) and I love their food. But that doesn't make me want to move there.

Best Answer

Warning! Warning! Warning! hang on and don't make any rash decisions. If he "won't" come, and there are still forced marriages, BEWARE! I was raised and forced to marry a total stranger, 13 years later and many times of getting beat up and once left in a coma. I escaped with my two kids. It's I life I should have never had to live and my kids never deserved that life either. You have a choice! Get all the info you can, not from him, but do your research and make a wise decision. It could be perfectly fine for you. But better be safe than sorry.

Best Answer

What would you do in Bangladesh? How would you pay your bills? Do you speak the language? What would happen to you if your fiance abandoned you?

Best Answer

I've lived in Japan, and South Korea. Do your homework on Bangladesh, it can be sketchy. "Forced Marriages" are still common there (http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/safety/safety_5488.html). Which are different than arranged marriages. You may find it much easier to get in than to get out. Look at the state department's web site. Good luck

Best Answer

Don't move to Bangladesh its corrupt and slowly sinking into the earth. Get him to come here instead..at least were not sinking.

Best Answer

ive tried! and tried! he wont come here.....

Best Answer