anyone can give me advice.. well my major in university related with IT business.. i did not too much like my major because my family told me its better i choose it..actually i love art and i want to be painter or everything related with art design even i can remembered since childhood i love to drawing and want to become architect.because i feel happy can expressed my self through it..but my family did not agree with my choice, they say its not sure for my future so i followed them took my major related with IT business but i feel depressed,sad etc doing something i did not like.finally i realize it i didnt feel happy with what i do now..but i will graduate so on..so i thought its too late change my major and it will spent much money if i go to another university..:(( so what should i do?
myselfhere myselfhere 22-25, F 13 Answers Jun 9, 2011

A career as an artist often needs something to pay the rent in between. Maybe your IT qualification can pay the bills while you follow your dream. It beats the heck our of waiting tables.

Best Answer

Learn what a sentence and Paragraph are!...Punctuation helps too!

Best Answer

i am sorry i am not english so understand it sorry my english not too good

Best Answer

you should read grammar snobs are great big meanies - good book

Best Answer

im sort of in the same situation although ive already got a job in my career, which i didnt choose, it was more my parents dream so now im just sticking it out and getting money and moving the hell out so i can pursue what I want to. It is a financial conundrum but i think in the long run it will be self-satisfying.

Best Answer

I don't know how old you are,I am mid 40's and have been doing art all my life, I never made it my career though to this day that has been my biggest regret, you came into this world alone you will unfortunetly die alone I don't mean to sound harsh but YOU only live once please yourself you have to live with you. check out my art on facebook and let me know what you think. Jeff Malone

Best Answer

I study a major too that I didn't like ... My dream was to specialise in martial arts actually , but considering the disapprovement of my parents, they refused me to participate in any classes or similar activities ... <br />
I was still a teenager around that time, and stubborn as I was, I joined a martial art school behind the back of my parents ...<br />
Four years later I realised that they wanted the best for me ... I realised that they wanted their son get a college degree to save him from the misery and poverty they've encountered on their way. Which is something I'm more than thankful for.<br />
I'm glad that I didn't drop out of college just to chase this dream. Otherwise I would have been far more worse.<br />
The good news is that despite the major I still have a chance to practice this art, whether it's in a school or just as hobby. The most important thing is that I have the possibility to fulfill it :-)<br />
Dear 'myselfhere',<br />
the choice is up to you, but definitely don't give up on college, especially if you're so close to finish your degree ... Art is something you can do in your spare time too. Unless you really wish to become an artist but let me warn you that it is a road that asks a lot of determination and willpower.

Best Answer

God can and will help you. I pray His Love Guide into all understanding, peace and truth, in this situation, in Jesus name, I pray, Amen.<br />
*hugs* :(

Best Answer

thanks for yr pray for me..:(( i feel touching..i wish he give me right way for my life
*hugs back*

Best Answer

I you're that to close to graduating, make the most out of your time and money. You may feel that you wasted your time listening to your family when you really should have been following your heart, but how much MORE of a waste of time and money would it be if you gave it up now and got NOTHING out of it? Be practical right now. It's silly not to. You DO have to feed yourself until you start making money in art...and it takes a LONG time. Not only that, many art fields are heavily aided by computers nowadays. Education NEVER hurts. Finish this. Follow the dream next. You keep everyone happy this way, and your family's opinion obviously means a lot to you.

Best Answer

you make me feel upset..yeah u r right if i want to give up with my life..i even cant see what should i do for my major right now..

Best Answer

What's to be upset about? You said you're close to graduating in IT, and you have the luxury of trying to decide what to do next? You said you wish "he" gave you the right way for yur life. He DID! He got you through IT school so you'll be able to live with a roof over your head rather than a cardboard box. Now feel some GRATITUDE to "him" for that instead of whining.

Best Answer

You think IT sucks, try being an artist and not being able to afford food and sleeping in the park. THAT sucks. IT is easy.

Best Answer

yeah but u didnt feel peace with what u did..what for get everything if u knw its means nothing

Best Answer

And if you hate your job every day that you're doing just to please your family you could live with that?

Best Answer

yeah u know i am so sad on my deep heart..i feel depressed nothing make me happy except doing art or everything related with that stuff..:(( i tried to lie my self love abt my major right now..my family thought i feel fine with my major bcoz i got good result but i am pretend it okay..actually i am so sad

Best Answer

my first degree was just a lost person trying to find their way. It isn't the only roll of the dice. I became a teacher for two years and went on to do many other things. And i've never studied art but i can express my creative need in so many ways outside of work.

Best Answer

If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life. I'd go after what YOU want to do.

Best Answer