its a year commitment..weekly group AND individual sessions..thats at least 3hrs every single week for 12 months..dont know if its worth it..
within within 18-21, F 4 Answers Apr 29, 2011

It is a good experience if you work it, study the skills, and apply them.

Best Answer

I'm known several people who have Borderline Personality Disorder and are in recovery, because of DBT. DBT includes individual psychotherapy and skills training, usually in a group. I'd highly recommend it. It has been shown repeatedly in studies to be effective. In my opinion, it's also a very humane therapy. It validates the experience of the client, and teaches skills for dealing with distress and painful emotions. I'm a parent and my daughter has benefited from DBT. I might suggest getting Kiera Van Gelder's book, THE BUDDHA AND THE BORDERLINE, which talks about her experience with DBT. There are several role models out there who have recoverd: Kiera, Tami Green, Amanda Wang (you can google them). Also, the organization NEA-BPD has information and support. DBT has been a way out of suffering for many people. I hope it is helpful for you, too.

Best Answer

dunno. It was suggested for me as well but i opter to go for CBT instead

Best Answer

I have tried it as a treatment option for NPD but at the time I was really struggling with anxiety so I stopped going. I'm feeling much less anxious now though so I'm considering trying again. I have applied some of the tools I've learned though and there are certainly benefits and I've learned to be more mindful of my feelings and the way I react to different situations. If you haven't tried it yet (I see this question is a few years old), I say go for it.

Best Answer