CourtneyJester CourtneyJester 18-21, F 15 Answers Jul 14, 2012

Science is amoral. Unless that's what you call your religion. Oh, but hopefully we'll all evolve past that. Amorality dictates that there is no right and wrong. Your reasoning is flawed so your ideas on human welfare will be also.

Best Answer

Exactly

Best Answer

That's partly my point, because the Bible IS amoral. Anything God says is good, has to be good. Killing babies, raping women, burning children, etc. Anything.

Best Answer

Hear, hear.

Best Answer

Uh. Maybe you should actually READ the bible. Specifically Deuteronomy and Leviticus, instead of spouting off biased bleliefs about it that you got from someone else.

Best Answer

You forget the flood, the reasoning behind it and God's promise to man after it. Essentially to think of what man did in the Bible and see it as God's will is not correct. But to see what man did and God's distain for it is the prespective one should from it.

Best Answer

I had the misfortune of reading it and that is what it states.

Best Answer

Read specifically what is ordered by God.

Best Answer

Are we talking about actual laws that are written in there or your own hatred and disillusionment of 'religion'? Does the part about sacrificing his own son mean not even register with you... oh wait. We're talking about an amoral God here, so killing his son so everyone could be saved is meaningless stupidity. My bad. You must have a better idea then.

Best Answer

I'm sure given a few seconds I could come up with a better way to forgive sins than murdering my son, yes.

Best Answer

Good luck with that. Your few seconds have come and gone now, so let's see what you've got.

Best Answer

Universal Soul Cleansing with the light of God's divinity. There, easy.

Best Answer

We have to understand her understanding is founded upon hate for her loss of a child therefore her hurt is transformed in utter hatred to the Soverign God, with extremely bloated bias. Is anyone going to pray for her? that is exactly what she needs! O:-)

Best Answer

yeah. but how? and if you say God is amoral and cannot be part of this, then where are you getting your standards from and why?

Best Answer

Gee thanks, Matthew. That is quite a reason to hate God. I totally agree with you!

Best Answer

I think you have the wrong person. Also, I do not believe in God and therefore cannot hate it.

Best Answer

To quote you: 'Universal Soul Cleansing with the light of God's divinity. There, easy.' Bull ****.

Best Answer

Why is it? Couldn't your God do that?

Best Answer

I know what my God is capable of. But he's obviously not yours and you have a beef against him so I'm calling your bs. Really, I hope you find peace in your life.

Best Answer

You can't defend why your God had to kill someone to do something easy for it?

Best Answer

I don't need to defend him. Someday you will know what I know and it will be too late. Keep your eyes on only what can be measured by the meager understanding that we have of the universe, tho. You're doing great if that's all there is that you're willing to accept.

Best Answer

You don't know anything, you just believe.

Best Answer

That doesn't make sense at all.Jesus had morals taught morals and said he learned them from God his Father.

Best Answer

Like slaughtering rival tribes?

Best Answer

nope!

Best Answer

Please explain why then?

Best Answer

They killed to prevent being killed. Nothing different than what happens today.

Best Answer

But they didn't, is the fact.

Best Answer

because the whole basis for Christianity was for a savior to be sent to earth from God to teach people what God required of them for him to accept their worship.God sets the standards for morals and His son came to explain them and set an example.It is not possible for it to be any other way.

Best Answer

yeah, and he also says that if someone should hit your lef chick, you should offer them your right. Explain that please.

Best Answer

How can you state it is not possible for it to be any other way?

Best Answer

Jesus was teaching how to control ones anger and not be vengeful because later in the Bible we are told God will take vengeance on those doing the bad and that we should not try to take that from God.Some religions think God wants them to avenge things done wrong for God but really they are stealing from God.

Best Answer

You need to objectively put the morals of the Judeo Christian God on one side and ask if they are good for humanity (and by no means I am not saying interject hatefully biased opinions upon this searching) The morality of the Judeo Christian God and the Sovereignty God are apples and oranges If you want to talk about the capability of God who loves justice and nobody gets away from his judgements let us do so. but reserve our opinions on what feel about God, let us search the whole Truth rather than biased half truths or willfull manipulative bending to suit our way of thinking, We shall follow everything to do with morality when fully understood then shall we study Sovereignty that we may know how to destinguish between the two. I doubt you studied enough to form your theological stance of who God is.

Best Answer

Your doubts would be so wrong but I am kinda done with this question to be honest with you so i won't give much more than this I don't need to set anything to one side.I accept that what God say's is right and best for humans but thank you anyway.

Best Answer

If you have managed to escape the rituals and brainwashing of what is called `Christianity` and take an ob<x>jective view and respectable analysis of what are referred to as `sc<x>riptures`there are so many contradictions it becomes embarrassingly obvious that what you are reading is a political mandate for greed, selfishness, narcissism, lying if the end justifies the means, it just goes on and on and on. The poor are offered the `sanctuary` of `the love of God and this Jesus` and the rich enter the kingdom of heaven (whatever luxury you care to name) contrary to it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the `kingdom of God`. This sop was meant to be (and remains so) `divine` message to the poor to convince them of their `holiness` and to nullify any rebellious thoughts that they might have about the greedy rich et al.

Best Answer

Any reasonable person who has read the Bible would agree that it is immoral.

Best Answer

I am going with my idea of morals.

Best Answer

That's the point, they don't need to be.

Best Answer

I don't see why you think that is a problem.

Best Answer

You set your own moral standard. What part aren't you getting?

Best Answer

there is no major religion that commands killing without a reason, maybe some religions related to Judaism have this but few people follow them.<br />
Religion has helped preserve morality in societies for centuries.. what Christianity seems to lack are the punishments and rules for society, turning the other cheek is not moral in my opinion.

Best Answer

I believe that ALL religions are basically amoral because they are founded by Man not God. And everyone knows that Mankind is basically amoral because of the orginal sin caused by Satan. when a religion uses God as a reason to do something "wrong" Then it is going against everything God & Jesus Christ teaches......Crusaders,Temper Knights, Islam, Christians and so on.. It is amoral to kill(murder),rape, marry a 9 year old, steal and other things just because you falsely believe that God told you it was okay? I suggest ya'll check your meds because that wasn't God talking to those people, it was Satan.

Best Answer

71 It is good for me (CourtneyJester), that I have been afflicted, That I (CourtneyJester), may learn your statutes. <br />
67 Before I (CourtneyJester), was afflicted, I went astray; But now I observe your word. <br />
7 Don`t be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that will he also reap. <br />
8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. <br />
28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. <br />
29 Take my yoke on you, and learn from me, for I am humble and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. <br />
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." <br />
It is written also Courtney Jester that it is satan who comes and Steals, Kills, and Destroys 10 The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. <br />
In another part it tells us that we have not, because we ask not! or we were not right with God when we asked so ask yourself were you right with God when your misfortune fell upon you? before you answer meditate on this; 23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: <br />
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. <br />
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. <br />
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: <br />
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: <br />
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood: <br />
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways: <br />
17 And the way of peace have they not known: <br />
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes. <br />
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. <br />
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. <br />
11 For the sc<x>ripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. <br />
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. <br />
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. <br />
Got Jesus? on your side? He protects ONLY those that do His will ONLY Psalm 91 read! NOT EVERYONE!

Best Answer

Morality is often open to interpretation and varies wildly from culture to culture. What we need to concentrate on is something called ethics.

Best Answer

Human welfare... tricky one that is.

Best Answer

Maybe amorality is a good thing. The internalization of ethics and the rejection of moral may be the first step to achieve real personal responsibility. I think the modern interpretation of Christianity must change and the true philosophical teachings of Jesus must be correctly understood. True Christianity is about tolerance, charity, love and social justice, not about stupid rituals and dogmas.

Best Answer

Yep, its supposed morality smacks of repressed envy (the notion of sin), cowardice (relying on higher orders instead of thinking by oneself), and flattery towards the powerful father.

Best Answer