make it farther in every aspect of life than those who play by the rules, and by character, are really the "better person". It really does feel like nice guys finish last, and not just in love.
333cookies 333cookies 26-30, F 13 Answers Jun 24, 2012

No. I think it's a mixed batch really. I've known very nice people who have worked hard, upheld morals, and had those things pay off. Not by becoming super rich, necessarily, but by having nice families, nice places to live, and secure futures. And I've known people who cheated or tried to schmooze their way past things and had things turn out badly. I've know bad guys who seemed to be doing better than they deserve, and I've known nice people who can't seem to get a break. BUT....When I look at all the people I've known well enough and for a long enough period of time, then I really do believe that doing the right things make for a much better quality in life. It's good to keep in mind too, that a bit of ambition and wisdom in dealing with people or business isn't a bad thing. I believe that integrity, applied wisely, generally does pay off. It's just that a lot of nice people lack a drive to succeed in certain types of things.

Best Answer

Oh, I'd whole heartedly agree. I've seen the mixed batch too. Perhaps it's only cause I don't have enough years in me, but I"ve yet to see the ones who have cheated and schmooze suffer. In a way, perhaps they simply know how to play the game of personal gain in life better, but it's sad to see good, honest, hardworking people never get a break, or ending up with good, but much less than the ones who get there at the expense of others.

Best Answer

Unfortunate but true, I spent $250,000.00 on a education, with the desire to care for others. I am slapped with malpractice premiums of $200,000.00 a year, low , insurance reimbursements, and patients who choose not to help them selves. They will pay $45.00 to get their nails done , $5.00 on a latte, but hell bent if I ask for a $20.00 copayment . I will be on call at one of the hospitals, and regardless of what is being said all patients are seen regardless of insurance. One weekend I delivered 12 babies, gratas, none were insured, they had no prenatal care. They can sue me if there is a problem due to their ignorance. There are programs that provide free prenatal care, just get off you butt and go. The chance of birth defects, and other problems in most cases can be avoided with good prenatal care. I might make $300,000.00 a year, then pay expenses salaries, rent, I barely survive after all my expenses. Yes, I enjoy my job, but it would be nice to have a better income.,if I was on tv, or in sports I would never have any money problems. I choose to help people and care for them, and even though my patients think doctors make a lot of money, the cocktail services at Las Vegas make more. I care for many of them, they relate they easily pull in $1000.00 a night in tips. Then their salary, and great benefits , retirement.

Best Answer

Im wondering the sam thing.

Best Answer

When a nation follows the Way, <br />
Horses bear manure through its fields; <br />
When a nation ignores the Way, <br />
Horses bear soldiers through its streets. <br />
There is no greater mistake than following desire; <br />
There is no greater disaster than forgetting contentment; <br />
There is no greater sickness than seeking attainment; <br />
But one who is content to satisfy his needs <br />
Finds that contentment endures. <br />
Lao Tzu

Best Answer

No, that is the way the world often works. By gaining your accumulation of physical addictions through ANY means, instead of being more than others, the soul decreases. Whatever you value you can achieve and create, but you will still die in the end and face oneself. There is nothing wrong with money, per se, but to value it above love brings entropy. Only the invisible is real.

Best Answer

Life isn't all about what you can get and who you take it from. Those who take advantage of others, are selfish and immoral may have more physical things than you but their rotten soul will get what it deserves.

Best Answer

That's all one can hope for.

Best Answer

Not necessarily.<br />
My friend can't let go of such a view though and it only makes her unhappy.<br />
If you want to be happy, you can't keep comparing yourself to others and looking for ways to blame your unhappiness on them. If you want to make it farther in life, do it, and don't compromise your integrity to do so.

Best Answer

Oh, I'll definitely take personal responsibility as much as possible, but you have to admit, it begins to get hard not to feel that a little blame should be assigned to others when your getting taken advantage of leaves you unhappy. Afterall, you can't force a person to do the right thing.

Best Answer

For me it comes down to perspective... people who are mean, selfish, immoral, unethical, and unfair never win, no matter how much money they make or apparent prestige they attain, because they aren't good people. I've worked under a psychopath who has climbed the corporate ladder like many do because of his need to take advantage of others, and I know he lives in a fancy house and probably makes more than I ever will, but in my mind he is not ahead and never will be. He can pull the wool over your eyes with his superficial charm only briefly before his manipulative personality starts to surface, a fact that has undoubtedly worked in his favour in terms of material gain, but one that does not escape the notice of anyone who has dealt with him. I continue to run into people who confirm this in the small world that science is even seven years later. Did he make me unhappy whilst I was under his influence? I'd say after a couple years I was likely clinically depressed. But I walked away and learned a lesson. These people... they're not people. Don't ever confuse them, because real people have consciences.

Best Answer

Yeah it seems like we live in a world that rewards cruelty and punishes kindness. It's so backwards.

Best Answer

Sadly,<br />
But in today's world, you have to be a little of all of those things.<br />
I blame the media. :P

Best Answer

Hey... Life is a game for most people, and cheating is one of the 'fun' ways to win!

Best Answer