Why do you want a girlfriend so bad? Just have fun with the college girls.

Best Answer

their idea of fun involves smartphones and fancy clothes. i'm looking for someone a little more well-grounded. i don't do hook-ups, it's just not my thing.

Best Answer

Understandable. Why not move into the city?

Best Answer

that's what i really should do, you're right, but i really like country life. i will move to the city. i think i'm going to have to.

Best Answer

you can always look for a place that's just a little bigger. or even not neccessarily bigger, but just with a different abiding mentality--look into it.

Best Answer

Ha, I have sort-of the same problem, except it's not the boonies. I live in the South but they're not hillbillies. Everyone is really shallow and the people with morals are children, which is all right, but i'm not a child. So, children or perverts. My chances are below zero, into the negatives. It's not just where I live, no guy in the world is my soulmate. The world is too screwed up nowadays anyway. My kind is nearly extinct in my generation, and absolutely wiped out where I live. I wait for people to grow up, but they seem to just stay the same or get worse. Man, that sounded pessimistic, that probably didn't cheer you up much. Sorry, I'm in a bad mood right now.

Best Answer

i hear you, timenihl!! i'm in a very similar boat. are you planning on leaving? i am--i am counting the days!! god, i still have a whole year to go....ughh.<br />
good luck w/ your situation!

Best Answer

yeah i know what you mean. sort of the saying "fish out of water"

Best Answer

yup. this here fish is flopping and gasping big time.

Best Answer

same here, guys out here are either not attractive or married

Best Answer

Not quite zero, but fairly close to that. <br />
Men in my age range are mostly married, or there are significant reasons why they aren't. <br />
Or they just aren't interested in me. <br />
The older I get, the more I get accustomed to the idea of living out my life alone. At your age, though, the world is still full of possibility...and you're a male, so it should be a little easier to find someone decent.<br />
Maybe you are being a little picky, but it's hard to tell. I look around and realize that many of the younger set are very superficial or shallow....or they are pretending to be because they think that's what the men want.

Best Answer

i am being picky, i'll admit, but i need a partner who i can have a stimulating conversation with. the superficiality thing is really sickening. i get excited when i see someone who is individualistic enough not to buy into it.

Best Answer

I'm afraid it's a common thing with your generation and what the young girls are being taught. I completely understand your frustration....I have a hard time finding a man who can string several words together correctly, much less have a conversation. Unless, of course, it's about "huntin'". Best of luck. I'm sure there's a girl out there, looking for a man who will appreciate her mind and values.

Best Answer

I'd start with not seeing so much fault in the people around you. Maybe that would fix your problem.

Best Answer

i do come across as pretty judgmental here, i know. i am not rude to people, i do not put them down, but i have certain standards (which i do not think are too outlandish) and the folks out here just don't measure up.

Best Answer

I didn't mean my answer to seem as if I am calling you judgemental. I believe we are what we think. Once you put a certain thought process in to your brain, your brain will deliver exactly what you put in. The truth is that people don't have to measure up. More- they are not interested in measuring up. The very people you are speaking of are not rude, do not put down and have certain standards..just like you. It's like the person who says, "I hate Christians." He took a portion of incomming brain information and made his own truth. I hope you understand what I am trying to say and that I hope nothing but the best for you.

Best Answer