I mean, why do people always have to ask how long I working or talk about the weather. If you wanna talk to me, just talk.
Rakoras Rakoras 26-30, M 17 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Parenting & Family

be glad anyone wants to talk to you it only means they can stand you for a moment or two . no small talk only small topics feel free to expand the conversation and get other people's idea and or stories . remember the elephant man the only way people could stand to talk to him was if he was behind a screen and yet they kept coming back . people complain about the most mundane things ......sheesh

Best Answer

It's not really a mundane thing for me. It causes me some trouble. It doesn't really make sense to me, so I just try to mimic what others say. But it comes off a little awkward, and people have pointed it out, by saying what I'll say right before I can.

Best Answer

I do ... it just seems so staged and unnatural. It's a part of life though .. so I make the best of it.

Best Answer

is that cookies in your avi pic? Can I have one? ;)

Best Answer

Yes they are, but I don't think you can eat them. :( Though if you bought me enough fabric, I could prolly make you one.

Best Answer

Oh...they aren't real? What are they made of?

Best Answer

hahaha I just looked closer...went on your page and saw the bigger version of the pic. hahaha How cute...I need some of those. =)

Best Answer

Not sure I found the pic online. But they look like they are made out of fleece. And they don't look any harder than what I've already made.

Best Answer

Well make me some then!!! ;)

Best Answer

Whats small talk? lol

Best Answer

Say hi, how are you. The weather is nice today. Conversation starters pretty much.

Best Answer

Oh ok.

Best Answer

Small talk leads to big talk, it's the way people test the boundaries of their relationship with other people and get to know one another. I find it annoying sometimes but I know not every conversation can be meaningful or filled with interesting thoughts.

Best Answer

Usually when I'm in a queue, someone talks to me about everything and nothing. I seem to have one of those faces that says 'counsellor' written across it. Yes, it can irritate me but I am never rude and I will always try to look interested and respond empathically. I always think that a little kindness shown from one human to another can be given for free.

The other day, I got to hear all about a woman's menopause symptoms and her exercise regime. I just nodded, smiled, oo-ed and ah-ed in the right places and she went away smiling. I didn't want to hear about her problems but maybe I was the only one she had a chance to talk to that day.

Best Answer

Very much. Trivial rehashing of what one did each day really is a waste of time. So many cell phones are used for this crap. If I tak to someone it needs to be ABOUT something. Not just rabbiting on to fill a silence. Such people get told very quickly around me.

Best Answer

no I enjoy it with perfect strangers when I work but I don't like wasting texts with people I really know on it.

Best Answer

I don't sweat it. It shows me who is hiding from me.

Best Answer

I've always preferred larger font myself.

Best Answer

Opening gambits

Best Answer

Yea. It can be awkward. I mean I can be pretty good at going along, but it gets old fast.

Best Answer