So the new doctor, Matt smith, I just don't like him as much as David Tennant, sure Matt is funny- a good actor. But since he's on the show it just doesn't seem realistic or scary anymore! :/ am I the only one who thinks this?
TheRealClover TheRealClover 16-17, F 10 Answers May 6, 2013 in Movies & TV

I think he is doing well with the material he is being given. I think the writing for the show has been off since he joined.

Best Answer

I agree, the writing is not as good as it used to be

Best Answer

I like the 9th doctor a lot but David Tennant was perfect.

Best Answer

Dr.Who?

Best Answer

David Tennant is Best Doctor, agreed. However, I think that some of the sc<x>ripts, particularly in this latest season, just don't match the brilliance of earlier seasons.

Best Answer

I think he has some brilliant moments when the sc<x>ript comes together, but recently the episodes have been poorly paced, and not as gripping as they have been. That's not Matt's fault though, because when things go right, they go really right and he can be a brilliant, quirky, funny Doctor, and also terrifying at the same time. <br />
His chemistry with Jenna Louise Coleman is also wonderful, and some moments between them like in "journey to the centre of the TARDIS" have been outstanding. However the writing is ruining most of their potential.

Best Answer

I quite like Matt Smith, but I do think that he's pushed to clown around far more than is necessary. He's a good actor who does justice to the role, but I'd rather they stop showing off how eccentric he is and just get on with the episode.<br />
He's given notice for the end of the year anyways, and there are uh... four episodes left with him then? Two more this season, 50th Anniversary, and Christmas special. So you don't have to put up with him for much longer.

Best Answer

Watched Closing Time last night (trying to catch up) and it was such a nice scene where he was talking to the baby aka Stormaggedon lol. Anyway, it isn't Matt, its Stephen Moffat the current producer/head writer.

Best Answer

I love him. He brings a fantastic new side to the show. He's definitely a Doctor that's more alien than human, whereas Tennant was more human than alien.

Best Answer

He's not my favorite choice, but it kinda seems more like the old doctor who.

Best Answer