I mean really my disagreements on his policy aside he didn't earn it. It's an insult to all those in uniform especially the Beret's. If I had the money to take off work and travel I'd sooo go and protest it. No one, president or not, who hasn't done the work and lived through the training deserves to receive a Green Beret. People work for years to accomplish that goal by their sweat and blood they earn that status. Throwing it at a pansy who happened to be in office when Bin Laden got taken out is an insult.
Wifeinater Wifeinater 22-25, F 9 Answers Sep 3, 2012 in Politics

Are you upset that he didn't start enough new wars in the last 4 years?

Best Answer

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!!!<br />
"Disclaimer: Keep in mind that the Duffleblog is the Onion of the military. This is SATIRE, people, very good satire..."<br />
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2012/08/president-obama-to-be-made-honorary-green-beret.html<br />
The onion is a satire site. They put stuff out that is supposed to be funny. <br />
Before anyone getst their panties in a wad lets all sit watch and see if it is true. <br />
Blackfive is a great site. If they are saying its BS its bs.

Best Answer

A Green Beret is a sign that you have past the training (Hell Week etc Included) and made it through when about eighty or ninety percent of the people who started with you on day one quit. It signifies that you are one of the elite of the elite. It's not just a pretty hat that has something to do with the military to be used in a publicity stunt. It would be like taking a medal from the Olympic games and awarding it to someone for running a race that they didn't even run Except for it's so much more.

Best Answer

Odumbo is an insult to every honorable soldier who ever wore the green beret.

Best Answer

It's yet another unearned award that cheapens the award itself. Remember the Nobel Peace Prize he got for.... making speaches? No one with a wit of intelligence and a bit of integrity can take the Nobel Committee or Sweden seriously ever again. Now this. I was in the Army and loved my days on the M1, but I have been telling my children that if they choose to join the military, they should join the Marines or the Coast Guard. This decision by some Army brass suck-ups further supports my position that they should not be part of a military organization that plays Beltway Politics better than it fights.

Best Answer

Why protest, we don't have the right to decide what honors the military gives to anyone?

Best Answer

I think it removes all value from the green Beret, just like his Nobel peace prize for nothing made the prize worthless.

Best Answer

Will he get an honorary skull cap if he agrees to bomb Iran ?

Best Answer

I'm a Canadian but I have tremendous respect for the men who've earned their beret and giving one to a ******* politician is offensive to all those who've fought and died for the right to wear it. Did Obama even serve in the military...any branch...in any capacity?

Best Answer

key word.. "earned"

Best Answer