YoungRidah YoungRidah 18-21, M 17 Answers Mar 2 in Embarrassing & Funny

How would that be a religious thing? Anyone find it humorous that christians pretend to be moral but then kick their child out of the house because they don't believe in god?

Best Answer

No, I find it sad and depressing...

Best Answer

I guess you didn't catch the sarcasm.

Best Answer

I did, I just still find it depressing.

Best Answer

I know. I was one of them.

Best Answer

I tried sending you a message but it says you only accept messages from people in your circle. I was almost kicked out. How old were you when they kicked you out?

Best Answer

13.

Best Answer

Oh wow, that's young.

Best Answer

Yes. But its prevalent more these days.

Best Answer

I've been disowned by most of my family, too, just because I'm an Atheist.

Best Answer

Thats not right. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Best Answer

Not really. Most people don't do it with a religious intent, it's just a saying!

Best Answer

Yes very true but I guess I shouldn't have said humerous. More like Ironic because of where the saying originally came from and ya, does this make any sense at all? :o

Best Answer

I know of many atheists that say gazuntite as opposed to bless you. Or they don't say anything at all.

Best Answer

No it means nothing. That's just a saying, It came from the middle ages when the black death killed a lot of people, One of the beginning signs you were infected was sneezing so when you sneezed they would say bless you because they knew you were going to die soon, so now people say it today without knowing what it really means.

Best Answer

Interesting

Best Answer

Not at all, it's just an expected and polite response. I also say Merry Christmas, Happy Easter and so on for other people's benefit not my own.

Best Answer

Hi
I just say have a nice Christmas because a lot of people do not.
But like yourself Merry Christmas etc. Or Happy Easter means nothing

I do keep asking people do not send me Christmas cards but they still do I make a point of not returning them. Because asked them not to.

I did put up lights and gave my children presents and taught them how to make Easter Eggs for these times. Because I did not want them feel left out.

Anyway Christmas trees are Pagen so does not really matter

Bio

Best Answer

I do that deliberately, because that's how Christianity destroyed pagan culture.

Best Answer

Hi
Well Pagans Druids all of these were around before Christianity came to mar the landscape of our lives

Bio

Best Answer

Hi<br />
Bless you is just a term same as get lost you do not mean it but just say it.<br />
Athiests are not against religion they just do not believe in anything no entities whatsoever.<br />
Bio

Best Answer

Sorry if that's not very funny I just got a chuckle at the thought. This is not to offend anyone, given that religion is or at least can be a really touchy subject...

Best Answer

Hi
For who ??? Not me lol I am not one

Bio

Best Answer

No, it means nothing, it's just a saying that came from the middle ages when a lot of people died from the black death. One of the signs that you were infected was sneezing so when someone sneezed they would say bless you because they knew you would be dead soon.

Best Answer

Not really. It's just a common ex<x>pression used to acknowledge someone when they've sneezed. When I sneeze and someone says "Bless you!" I don't say "Well, thanks, but actually I'm atheist." That would be asinine. I say "Thank you."

Best Answer

Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Isn't it odd that most people say "bless you", even though no one believes you are sneezing out demons, or being possessed anymore?

Best Answer

Why is that funny?

Best Answer

It's a very mild kinda dry humor...not everyone laughs to dry humor..

Best Answer

No, it wasn't really dry humor. Barely ironic because even religious people don't use it in religious way.

Best Answer

haha they do !!!

Best Answer

Lets remove that "most"--word.<br />
Even when I was religious I never used it.

Best Answer

I say "most" because I couldn't really say "all" either. I would have been more specific for the joke if i wasn't so limited to type..

Best Answer

"Some" is a great one too.

Best Answer

Thanks, I probably should have used that or another similar to it. Did I really offend you or offend you that much you want to insult my vocabulary?

Best Answer

Dont you wish EP got that "Edit" working already.

Best Answer

I'm an atheist and I sometimes say "oh my god" as a method of expressing surprise. Languages often have idioms built in due to history.

Best Answer

When I used to say that, christians bring up the whole atheism and not believing in god bit time and time again.

Best Answer

They do the same to me sometimes. I'm not sure what the point is.

Best Answer