I have been sober for 37 days, I just came out of detox and went to rehab for 28 days...I feel really good about being sober, going to meetings and doing the steps. I kinda kept my drinking habits from most of my friends I guess you can say I became a closet drinker...my drinking only started about 6 yrs ago, but it was only taking me in a downward spiral, I did not want to keep on living like that, I felt like I was living a lie, so I did something about it and put myself in detox then rehab. I am actually quite proud of myself for doing what I did, and am determined to stay sober. Anyone have any words of advise or stories of sobriety would be greatly appreciated, please share.
mamabutterfly mamabutterfly 36-40, F 5 Answers Apr 14 in Community

90 meetings in 90 days stay away from all of your old stopping grounds work the program everyday and get a sponsor as soon as possible do not start a new relationship for at least a year and get a healthy hobbie

Best Answer

yep that is exactly what I am doing, I actually just ended a relationship while in rehab and it was the second best decision I made for myself.

Best Answer

Good luck wish u well

Best Answer

Yes, you will probably be one.

Best Answer

Thank you subsumedpat, that is encouraging :)

Best Answer

I think the fact that you are questioning it shows me that you will less likely to fall back into it and more vigilante of yourself. Some successes are successful after multiple rehab trips but why put yourself through that, be successful the first time. Others have done it so you can, just have that attitude, someone else did it so I can.

Best Answer

be strong

Best Answer

Thank you pineappleman

Best Answer

ever tried pineapple, just pineapple?

Best Answer

you mean calling you pineapple? instead of calling you pineappleman, or you mean the fruit, lol...I love pineapple.

Best Answer

the fruit, hon.
i will take whatever later :)
and, again, be strong.

Best Answer