lack of empathy . people are taught that only certain lives matter more or less. be it human or another species. in the end its up to the individual to 'care' an make all lives matter.

Best Answer

I do get upset about that too

Best Answer

I'm vegan because I don't want animals to be killed for food, especially when I have an alternative. I'm not a carnivore and can survive without meat.

Best Answer

because we are not emotionally attached to all people that die

Best Answer

We are just selfish creatures?

Best Answer

I guess but not for that reason, this world is overpopulated by humans anyways.

Best Answer

It's not that we're less sympathetic, it's just that we'd be crying all the time.

Best Answer

But why don't we cry all the time

Best Answer

Life's short, sad, and cruel. Why should we humans spend every second of our small existence in misery? It's best to enjoy living when you can cause you just might be the next person to be reported dead. Harsh but true. Life's a very unpredictable thing.

Best Answer

But why shouldn't we spend our lives in misery? (I'd rather not, I just want a good explanation for this because I'm confused)

Best Answer

Well, simple. No matter you're beliefs, who's to say we get another chance in life? Who's to say we'll undoubtedly be born into another life where we find every thing to be made of sunshine and candy? It's for that question that I think everyone should treat their life like it's the only one they'll every get. You (people in general, not just you) should enjoy yourself when you can. You should laugh, smile, and feel warm on the inside, living in the moment when you can. Who wants an existence that's nothing but pain? Who wants to spend their whole life feeling terrible? That's exactly how you'd feel if you cried and wept the whole day every time someone, somewhere in the world was reported dead. If you have the ability to laugh, then laugh d@ammit. Not everyone has that ability. Some people are born into a life where they don't even stand a chance. Be grateful when you can.

Best Answer

Emotional connection

Best Answer

Are we just selfish creatures?

Best Answer

By nature of course we're selfish. If we spent too much time worrying about things that dont matter we won't be able to think about the things that do matter. Its a survival trait as the animals that we are. Its not just selfishness though. Its emotion. For instance. I've always had trouble making real and lasting emotional connections with anyone, even family. My great-grandma is in a care home and shes near leaving this world. I'm saddened by her struggle and what she's going through, but I never used to feel emotionally connected to her. Same with my grandpa. He declined very fast, over the time of maybe a year or less, due to dementia. Now he's in the same carehome and refuses to eat. He's starving himself to death. I still feel for his struggle, and I understand he may be leaving this world soon too, yet instead of going to visit him when I had the opportunity, I went camping. It sounds selfish, yes, and it is, but selfishness isn't the cause. Lack of emotional connection, at least in my case, is the cause of selfishness.

Best Answer