I will not be with my dad, but my older son is spending the week there while I have a baby. So I guess that's a gift for my dad to be able to spend time with his grandson. As for my husband, I may be giving him a second son for Father's Day, and hey, what better gift is there?
motherofzeno motherofzeno 18-21, F 8 Answers Jun 14, 2013 in Parenting & Family

Our family tradition is, on Mother's Day and Father's Day, we get to choose anything we want to do with the family.<br />
On Mother's Day, my wife likes to take a hike around the perimeter of a nearby island off the coast of Maine.<br />
On Father's Day, I like going into Portland, Maine with my family and busking (performing as street musicians). It embarrasses the heck out of them and delights tourists and locals. I have a blast doing this! We don't ask for money but usually get some anyway. lol

Best Answer

Wow, that's a great tradition. I have never been to Maine, but I bet it's a beautiful place based on your plans! It sounds like your family knows how to enjoy life.

Best Answer

Family get together i already purchased his gift.<br />
Congrats and all the best to you...:)

Best Answer

Nope. But you are giving probably the best gift ever to your husband :) Congrats!!

Best Answer

I don't think I'll get through it without him so he more than Deserves the best.

Best Answer

So sweet!!!! Good luck to you!

Best Answer

We will have a family tea. My MIL coming over in the evening and i will make all my husbands favourite goodies. <br />
I hope your weekend goes well and the birth straightforward. Congrats :o)

Best Answer

Sounds wonderful! If I don't go into labor I will probably have a nice quiet dinner with my husband.

Best Answer

Congrats motherofzeno. I have explained to my children that I have not been able to sleep in for over 5 years now so how about letting me sleep in. So they are going to try but since we are creatures of habit I wont be able to do it lol

Best Answer

Haha, I've tried that three mother's day's in a row and still had no luck. Maybe you will fare a bit better than I have?

Best Answer

Congratulations on the little de- I mean, baby :P<br />
I am having dinner with my parents and grandparents.

Best Answer

Simple and classic is the nicest way to do it sometimes. My family did that for Mother's day.

Best Answer