angelhuggz angelhuggz 26-30 6 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Health

Mine is just beginning. So far, just motrin and an understanding of what is causing it. I've been using computers 80+ hours a week all my life and I've been good up to now. Pay attention to the things you do that cause stress on your wrists and try to adjust your habits to avoid more damage. <br />
For computers, for example: Lower the feet on your keyboard that tilt it towards you. That makes you pull your wrists up. Tip it away from you a bit instead. (raise the front not the back) Also use a lower profile mouse so you don't have to pull your wrist up to get it under your hand. Etc.<br />
Hope this helps

Best Answer

My Dr. says I will need surgery but won't tell me when he wants me to have it. I have constant pain in both hands unless they are directly at my side. If I extend my arms to far out, I get a sharp shooting pain through my wrist, thumb, forefinger, and middle finger. I have tried the physical therapy exercises, ice, heat, and ib profin. I don't know what else to do to minimize pain.
I use my lap top at a table because for some reason, if I sit on the couch with it on my lap and try to type, my hands go numb within a minute. I am so frustrated!

Best Answer

I'm sorry it is that advanced. You might actually want surgery to reduce that pressure on your nerve. They cut the ligament that crosses the nerve. The gap fills up with scar tissue later leaving a larger space for the nerve. It might be worth while for you to do. For the computer, since you are on a table anyway, make sure the table it is at a good height or switch to a desk. Get a USB keyboard if you do a lot of typing. Laptop keyboards are designed as a portable option, not continuous use. Good luck

Best Answer

Yes, and it only bothers me in the night or early mornings. My husband, who also suffers from it, says to lay with your hands flat on the bed beside you.....you know? It works!!!

Best Answer

I do....so far its been managable pain..

Best Answer