I think they say two weeks but does anyone know for sure?
applethunder applethunder 18-21, F 8 Answers Mar 9, 2012

Seriously !! You are asking random strangers on the internet, whilst a drug that has cost millions to develop and test, sits near you with the INSTRUCTIONS included for your education. Sorry not being mean but they are there for a reason. Your body, please take care of it.

Best Answer

I just read the instructions and it seriously does not say how long you have to take it before it is effective. I googled it also and couldn't find it. Please do not assume I don't know how to take care of myself. I have no problem abstaining until I know for sure. I was just wondering if anyone had that information.

Best Answer

OK, I am going to google it now. Remember if you get pregnant whilst taking these pills you have grounds to sue the makers, I am sure it is all there.

Best Answer

You are meant to start on your first day of your period so sex should be fine, it prevents the egg being released, tricks you body into thinking it is already pregnant. The Sunday after your period? 2 weeks maybe. Could not find the leaflet online, so you are right there, sorry, but it should all be with the one with the tablets. Does however keep saying check with your Doctor, so best check with him, especially as your periods were irregular as you say.

Best Answer

More looking 7-14 days but all say check with your Doctor or pharmacist. Just a better source of info than asking people off the internet, myself included.

Best Answer

Well, aren't you the most direct young woman. Why wait for the birth control to kick in?

Best Answer

Because my partner and I despise condoms and we don't want a baby :) Better to wait.

Best Answer

abortion is cheaper than birth control, and you only need to get one like every 9 months.

Best Answer

check the package insert, some of them take up to a month

Best Answer