my husband has been complaining of severe muscle pain for over two weeks now, and its not better. One muscle seems to be a trigger point for a group of them to ache. He can barely stand it. Sometimes it shoots into his chest or underarms. He cannot bare for me to touch his skin. What is it? He takes tagamet four times a day. Chronic Gastritis...I tried to get him to the dfoc, waited three hours and all he got was do this blood work. He had ordered a cbc, psa with micro,and ldl and lipids. He got nothing for the stomach and nothing for the pain. He is still hurting. At first he just slept alot. Dizzy. Now its just muscle pain all over. He is lost 10lbs too. WHAT the heck kind of virus is this!! His heart is ok and so is his lipids.
Shellfinder Shellfinder 56-60, F 9 Answers Apr 6, 2009

There are systemic infections and viruses that do not go away. Be persistent in looking for an answer. Get to different doctors. I'd see a naturopath.

Best Answer

Better go see the quack. Maybe its a pinched nerve, those can stir up a shitstorm which can be never ending. But whatever, sounds too serious to be looking for an answer here. Better go see that quack and INSIST he look at everything.

Best Answer

i don't know but i saw on the discovery health channel on "mystery diagnosis" there was a guy who ate some sort of chicken and there was a parasite or something in the chicken that began to destroy his nerves and muscles. not sure if this is related but you had better notify a medical professional ASAP.

Best Answer

Time for a trip to the doctor....A virus can last 3 weeks....but the shooting pains in the chest and underarms...and his sensitivity to you touching him, is very concerning.....Good luck.

Best Answer