My father is currently awaiting a transplant and has been for 26 months. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that can relate or offer support.
sapphirenight sapphirenight 31-35 2 Answers Feb 10 in Health

My dad had a heart attack. He has 3 stints in his heart now, but he doesn't need a transplant.

Best Answer

Any heart problem is scary. Especially when it happens to someone you love. I hope your dad continues to get well and that he never has to go through anymore surgeries.

Best Answer

Me too. He rides his exercise bike daily and appears to be in good shape. Longevity runs on his side of the family. He is 85 and lives alone. For his birthday last year he even bought a new car. Lol

Best Answer

That's wonderful for him! I hope I can one day say the same about my dad. He is only 58 and was healthy his whole life until right before his 54th birthday and he almost died from sudden heart failure. The doctors say now that he got a virus in his heart at one time and didn't even know he was sick. So now he has an artificial heart pump while waiting for transplant.. Very taxing process.

Best Answer

I bet it is. I also bet it is very hard on you and your family too. Do you live close to him? Can you see him often?

Best Answer

Yes, I live about twenty minutes away. He's my best friend. The only person I've never been mad at in my life. We are all pretty sad right now and down. I was thinking of going to see him today before work. I think I might.

Best Answer

You should. I wish my dad and I were close. :( My mom and I were that close. She was the best!

Best Answer

I am sorry for that suffering. I wish you all well.

Best Answer

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Best Answer