Tomorrow, there is a vote in North Carolina to pass what is called Amendment 1, which purports to make it part of the NC Constitution to never, ever allow gays to marry. I personally thinks that's awful enough, but just banning gay marriage doesn't scratch the surface of how terrible this bill really is. This is a Marriage Enforcement Act, and it will remove protections for every single unmarried woman in the state. If a lady is in an abusive relationship and not married, the law will not help her. If a male spouse dies, that woman will no longer receive pensions until she remarries. The list goes on. This bill is not anti-gay. Gay marriage is already illegal in NC. It is anti-feminist, and its authors have racist agendas. And the worst part, churches and advertisers all over the state are saying "It Is Your Duty to God" to vote this into law. If you live in NC, and can vote, or talk to people who can, help us!! Vote down this insipid, inhumane crap tomorrow!!
Dani3Forsyth Dani3Forsyth 26-30 14 Answers May 7, 2012

I dont live in NC but i feel if you dont like gat marriage than dont marry a gay person. equal right is for everyone.

Best Answer

I live in NC. Thanks for explaining this!

Best Answer

OMG I am so happy you read this! Thank you!

Best Answer

Well I do not live in NC and that is fine,,it is nothing like P.Cola talk about gay 75 percent of it is gay and on Memorial day a hoilday the gays come here it is crazy. I love womens boobs and butts and all so I get sick with this gay ****.

Best Answer

that's stoopid.....if i was there i'd take a day off of work just to vote....what a world?!

Best Answer

If I was there I would definitely be lending a hand and my voice to fight it. Kudos to you for letting people know about this !

Best Answer

It's an anthropological thing. If they don't recognize it, it doesn't exist. There are other places that do recognize it.

Best Answer

I know plenty of people in the south that will vote against gay marriage,it's their right.

Best Answer

It's their right to choose, yes. It's also their right to think, and to be informed.

Best Answer

It won't be long before we take that HATEFUL, arrogant, narcissistic, self serving, hypocritcal, fraudulant god DOWN!! Nope, not long at all. If satan exists, his name is god.

Best Answer

I'm not really trying to take down any gods, though I can appreciate your outrage! XD I just don't want people to hurt themselves in blind fervor over shock words.

Best Answer

" hurt themselves in blind fervor over shock words" Example?

Best Answer

Some people take their religion so seriously that when they have a chance to attack something it outlaws (gay marriage, etc) they leap into the fray without reading the fine print, which I what I think is happening here. I think shock words are used often to mobilize activists to do things that are actually self destructive.

Best Answer

I see. Hatred IS self destructive. These folks don't really need shock words to motivate their hatred for anyone who thinks and acts differently than they do.

Best Answer

Do guys get pension checks? If no, then that part of the law is ok. The rest of the bill is an abomination.

Best Answer

It only affects widows, to my knowledge.

Best Answer

Then yea, that part of the bill is fine.

Best Answer

Wow...that is stupid.....

Best Answer

None of that bothers me what so ever.

Best Answer

Not sure if you're serious or just a troll.

Best Answer

I am been serious.

Best Answer

Okay, then we have a discussion to have. Let's forget Gay Marriage for a minute. Even if it doesn't pass, Gays can't marry in this state. The bigger issue: Do you have daughters, sisters, mothers, or grandparents? Are you okay with the fact that if one of them is with a man who beats them on a daily basis, that the law won't help her unless she is married to him? We're talking dating as well! Are you okay with the fact that if your grandfather dies, that your grandmother will starve for honoring his memory and choosing not to wed another? Answer honestly.

Best Answer

No I wouldn't be alright with that, but I'm positive that this law you are stating isn't true.

Best Answer

http://www.acluofnc.org/files/SB%20106%20Satement%20in%20Opposition.pdf

Best Answer

Ok I read the whole thing, and you are taking it way out of proportion.

Best Answer

I appreciate you thinking critically, but I don't think I am taking this out of it's own size. I'm a history major, and the first thing to look for it where things repeat themselves. Previous instances of these things, sited in the link, have undermined domestic violence laws to the brink of disabling them. There are also sources published in the newspapers in this state that cite a racist agenda from the authors and some stronger proponents. While the woman in question has predictably denied this, some chief figures of this bill have mentioned the idea that the white race is in decline, and between the possibility of loosening domestic violence laws, reevaluating wills and last testaments, and the explicit changes to child support and custody, I think it's fair to say that some minority, and I'm not entirely sure which one, is being targeted. It's just that the targeting can be applied broadly.

Best Answer