I was not offended by what he said in the slightest, but he did breach his contract, and they canned him.....it was his own fault.

Best Answer

I love to express myself and it often takes longer than it should for me to feel I accomplished that...LOL

In the short and simple of it...CORRECT. :)

Best Answer

I do have an opinion on the subject however I need to check with my employer first to see if we share the same views. Don't want to get fired you know. I hope A&E gets sued up to their eyeballs. They handled that all wrong. If america let's that pass we are all screwed. He didn't just say what was on his mind. He was asked a question though his response may not be the same as rest of the world he is intitled to his own opinion. But instead he was let go because his views were not what A&E views were. So will company's now be able to hire or fire you due to your believes. Might as well put it on the applications. Do you believe in god yes or no. What god do you believe in? Boxers or briefs? Should women get paid the same as men for doing the same job. Thanks for answering well get back to you. I will have wasted 20 years of a military career if someone doesn't shut that channel down. I just got a phone call from work. I've been let go. Damit I should have said boxers.

Best Answer

I have no clue as to the "beliefs" of A&E...Having said that, I agree, but believe that it was NOT a matter of expressing beliefs that differed from their desired expression, but rather...THE BOTTOM LINE. As I touched base upon in a few of my remarks, I respected, but often found the manner and constant in which Phil expressed his beliefs to be annoying...Long before his direct and honest answer to several volatile questions were heard across the globe. If it were REALLY a matter of his beliefs being different from those of A&E...the show would have never seen the light of day. It WAS either that Phil hastily agreed to a contract that he could NEVER have adhered to beyond the scope of the show and possibly never thought he would be in a position to have to decide whether to to express himself honestly AND COMPLETELY in the impromptu manner it occurred. Had he known, he would have NEVER agreed to stay mute in the first place...OR A&E found a loophole to find fault with his blatant expression of what YOU COULD AND SHOULD HAVE ALREADY KNOWN ABOUT PHIL'S VIEWS, because it caused "right-fighters" to go gangbusters upon his comments. Either way...I think It was unfair, but honestly feel that any competent producer should have expected from him from the get go.
Forgive my back and forth, but to me- it is a combination of many opinions. Phil's steadfast and almost smothering expression of his beliefs was NOT enjoyable to me, but as it should be..He has every right to believe in them and I have every right to turn the channel off when it became too overwhelming for me to continue to enjoy the show.
Does that make sense?

Best Answer

Before you flaunt your Christianity in public, take a hard look at your core beliefs. You can't be a Christian and intolerant at the same time.

Best Answer

NOT SURE I AGREE TOTALLY, but Phil's constant bombardment of his beliefs bothered me far before this recent drama. I don't like anyone who constantly expresses their beliefs (EVEN THOSE I AGREE WITH WHOLEHEARTEDLY) by the use of scripture or spiritual basis as a way to "bolster" my acceptance of it.

Best Answer

Agree

Best Answer

How can you watch something that is not PC do you think that school kids should have this confusing process in the middle of their brainwashing.

Best Answer

Am I wrong to assume by PC you meant "politically correct"? I DESPISE that terminology. I am against beliefs that differ from MY basic beliefs...as we all should-Whatever they may be; But I find it more disturbing for children to see hundreds of drunken "Santa Clauses" than having them hear beliefs that others have. If you are good parents/guardians...Tolerance of others can exist while being true to your own beliefs.

Best Answer

I am not defending PC with what I am going to ask you next but is a question I have had. Would you give medical advice out to others not being a doctor and if not why the religious advice other than it says to spread the word.

Best Answer

First, we have to understand and agree that the reason why many, like myself, take offense is because our intention in watching and enjoying the show IS NOT based upon our desire or the main objective of the show, to be religious/spiritual enlightenment. I'm not saying that couldn't happen AND many an episode has expressed the spiritual beliefs of the family in addition to the constant expression of those beliefs seen during "Grace" that I find both enjoyable and heartwarming.
I, on the other hand WOULD offer medical advice, based upon my experiences or those close to me and would claim them to be nothing more than suggestions that may help some. Some may say I play "The Devil's Advocate"...I DON'T. I just feel that it is unnecessary AND undeserved to present a spiritually based comedic reality show with an underlying agenda to force religious beliefs upon others. That, to me, IS WHAT Phil has been trying to do more conspicuously than the rest. That is why it comes as NO surprise that he has gotten himself in this dilemma. He should have realized that he was getting his point across without having to REALLY shove his beliefs down our throat.
I'm glad his family has stood behind him and however, inappropriate a character for this show he may be...His beliefs don't bother me, his expression of them do.

Best Answer

Well we are very similar in our thinking. Back in the old days if he a had said that to a magazine reporter and it was put out very few would have known what he said other than the people buying the magazine. With the internet everything goes viral and everyone is out to get their agenda some attention so the add event of PC is started.

Best Answer

Despite my acknowledgment of that fact...I initially found out about the statements made from merely watching the "Today" morning news and entertainment show. I am sure that all the response as a result of the internet, had an affect upon why and how quickly I still was able to become informed....But I must admit, it is much more common to hear of "news" that the media and networks feel compelled to having "crossed the line" in an attempt to NOT cause an organized uproar from groups that claim to be "dissed" from merely hearing a view that differs from what they want to hear. If only those of us who stand tall against stupidity and selfish, calculated personal gain would be more organized....Hanging Kanye West out to dry would be more important. LOL :)

Best Answer

haven't watched it in a while...but they make me laugh with their antics

Best Answer

I don't take the opinions of inbred rednecks very seriously, but I appreciate that the show was pulled.<br />
I don't watch it, but my 11 year old brother did.

Best Answer

The show was far from pulled it is even playing more times than ever.

Best Answer

that has to be the worst show ever made theres no point to it why in f ucks name would i care about these people

Best Answer