bunnyhound bunnyhound 31-35, M 20 Answers Jun 24, 2012

any dog is a reflection of its owner

Best Answer

They're not all the same. It all depends on the master and how they raised it.

Best Answer

I really think the whole pitbull uproar is just another "Nature vs. Nurture" debate.<br />
If a dog, or ANY creature is raised in a cruel manner....seems to me they're likely to exhibit aggressive behavior. <br />
A creature raised in a clean, loving home...? They're big babies.<br />
I'm fortunate enough to live with an 11 year old pitbull. She's a sweetie.

Best Answer

I just read a ridiculous question about a dog being killed (or eaten?) by a pit...Questions like that make people who don't know any better think badly of a beautiful breed.

Best Answer

She's basing it on what she's heard on the news too. Since the news has said they're bad and not other dogs, that it must be true that they're the only dogs to attack.

Best Answer

it must be true. no other dog has ever bitten anyone EVER!

Best Answer

Oh come on pit bulls are nice and family-protective, I think they've been lacking the kibbles & bits to whoever they're taking care of =/

Best Answer

I own a pit.. .. she is the best dog. So well behaved.. so well trained... she is so loving, and puts up with 3 cats climbing on her! She is a love!!

Best Answer

Its all in how a dog is raised...i had a Rott and everyone thought she was bad but she was the biggest baby i have ever seen...she didnt take sh*t but she was the most caring and loving dog i have ever owned

Best Answer

Thank you for the BA

Best Answer

Amen. I love my pitt! She is one of the best dogs I've ever owned ( a little high strung but shes only a year old). This breed is so strong and intelligent. People seem only to think of the horrible things they're capable of instead of all the good they can do. They also seem to forget that these dogs used to be called "NANNY DOGS". People purchased them with the intent of having them guard and care for their children. Also when they were first used for fighting: dogs who attacked people were put down as this endangered their handlers (who were in the ring with them and had to separate the dogs at the end of the fight) and they were not allowed to breed. <br />
On a separate note my friend's mother remembers growing up that her parents were afraid of german shepherds and rottweilers because they were used by Nazis. Neither deserved a bad reputation but they got it by association. Maybe someday that pit bulls will be able to get past their bum rap like german shepherds and rottweilers did.

Best Answer

you seem to be the most knowledgeable person answering this question. everything you said i will second as true, and they will get past the bad rep, but it will take time. thankfully the people who know , are trying hard to reverse the damage caused to these dogs by a biased media and an ignorant general public, who believe anything they are told.

Best Answer

I did a lot of research before getting my pit bull, into the breed's history and her personal history. I was careful to check that the people who I got her from had a good knowledge of pit bulls also. They had 4 on site, plus 11 puppies and all were wonderfully behaved. My parents in particular were worried about my getting a pit bull but now they love her.

Best Answer

theyre not bad at all...any dog can be bad. theyre just like kids...just depends on how u raise it

Best Answer

:')

Best Answer

There are no bad dogs, only bad human guardians.

Best Answer

There are MANY documented cases of pit bull owners changing their position on that particular breed.

Best Answer

inexperienced handlers, i can see changing their mind. not lifelong pit bull trainers. ive had 14 in my life and wouldnt have any other dog in my house. and they are certainly more trustworthy around my kid than the black and tan coonhounds out back.

Best Answer

Pit bull TRAINERS? Now your talking a whole different area! I was responding to your original wording of just living with one. Big difference...

Best Answer

obviously a pit is not the ideal choice for a first time dog owner, this should go without saying. not because of aggression problems, but more an inherent stubbornness. someone who has never had a dog before isnt likely to have a well trained dog. an untrained pit is just like any other untrained dog with a potential for problems, the only difference is the impressive strength of these amazing athletes.

Best Answer

That's one viewpoint I suppose...

Best Answer