Get a copy of Mean Girls on DVD. That should set your expectations in line with US High Schools.

Best Answer

Really? I was told, that America was nothing like in the movies.
So... there are groups in the High Schools?

Best Answer

Yes, there are cliques in the High Schools. But for the most part, foreign exchange students are exempt from the typical rules of cliques. As far as America being nothing like in the movies, someone lied to you. True, no one movie can give you the feel of America. But put a few together and you get the gist of it. Which country are you coming from? The US is not all that different from most western countries.

Best Answer

I'm from Denmark
and there are quite a few differences - driving age, drinking age, that you can carry guns legally, high school :-)

Best Answer

Yes, there are some social differences. You also have fewer people in Denmark telling you what to do than you do in the USA. But overall you are in for a positive experience. You'll be surprised at what people in the USA call a good time versus what you might think is a good time. You are lucky to get to cross borders at such a young age. Make the most of it. The differences should be embraced, not avoided.

Best Answer

If it ain't cooked in a deep fat fryer they don't sell it

Best Answer

The US is like a lot of different places, and you might get better responses if you tell us exactly where you will be. In Texas, law-abiding citizens are allowed to own machine guns, while in New York City, only the police and criminals are allowed to have guns at all. Do you like nature, or big city life? Something of everything can be found here—what are you looking for?

Best Answer

Hey, I can't legally own a machine gun even here...only semi-automatics. WAAAH!

Best Answer

You can if you pay the $200 federal transfer tax. My point was that describing the US is like the three blind men describing n elephant; it depends which part is being examined :)

Best Answer

The Russian lady I took a college class with said she was really surprised it did not all look like Beverly Hills. <br />
Having only been to Mexico...we mostly don't drive as insanely as Mexican people. Except in those cities where there is a critical mass of Mexican drivers...in which case it's just as bad.<br />
You will be surprised how much of America there is...it would take me 30 hours of driving straight north to reach Canada. It takes about 5 days to drive all the way across. Please plan your travel times accordingly.<br />
The painted desert is gorgeous. West Texas looks surprisingly like pictures I have seen of interior South Africa. Niagara Falls is really big. The Grand Canyon is lovely.

Best Answer

read up on it I am sure there is a bazillion things you need to know.

Best Answer

Yeah I know.
But I was hoping that you guys could tell me about the like.. the way that you experience America. Food, people, politics, relgion :-)

Best Answer

oh it's vast. and I am no expert I am merely their neighbor.

Best Answer

They like to carry or 'tote' guns and shoot everything

Best Answer

We really don't have an accent.

Best Answer

They don't like foreigners.<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer