StopTrolling StopTrolling 70+, M 11 Answers Jan 28 in Hobbies

The education system in China sucks. Students are in school for 10 - 12 hours a day, have an average of 3 more hours of homework, are not permitted to ask questions in class, and the teachers are appointed, not chosen. This last part means that most teachers don't want to be teachers. The upshot? This is all aimed at passing tests. It's the model that great moron "W" wanted to ba<x>se no child left behind on. I am an ESL teacher in China and I see all of this first hand. The kids have no time to be kids, they are not taught to question and creativity has suffered the most. I can talk to a student about his or her major, and as long as I ask questions in the form of a test question, they sound very educated. But once I stray into critical style questions, I have a room full of blank faces. To properly answer this question I would need to sit here and type for several hours. Suffice it to say that it's all in your perception as to what is a good education system, but I assure you, this one is not. All learning is rote.

Best Answer

I don't know, but their educational system is stricter than the North American one. Corporal punishment for bad grades is quite common too, at least in China and Taiwan, they have told me.

Best Answer

You'd think so if you ever heard American students who like to party often complain about how their professor grades on the curve and the Asians mess it up for them.

Best Answer

I have no idea.

Best Answer

No but they are born with calculators

Best Answer

StopTrolling. ;D<br />
No. I know one person that hates that stereotype...and he's Asian. He feels that if he doesn't live up to it...he's going to be ridiculed.

Best Answer

Well I am smart... And an asian too infact south asian so I guess... yeah!!!

Best Answer

Nope. Me and an Asian friend had just as much trouble with a beginning calculus class. We did our best to work through it together. Somehow, we survived it with good enough grades.

Best Answer

Yep. I mean, look at me.

Best Answer

all are born smart. It just depends how u grew up and how u use your 'smartness'

Best Answer