honey624 honey624 56-60, M 13 Answers Jun 19, 2010

I have wondered this to a very deep degree. My little chihuahua is the most "in Tune" creature I have ever known and could imagine. He has Always been in tune with people's hidden illnesses. I have worked in the home health field and having sick people around me, he is always in tune with whatever it is that hurts them. He will whine and cry and won't leave their side even when he hasn't ever met them before. He has been exposed to alot of death and just the other day, we lost a 3rd dog from our household. During this, A close friend lost her sister, when we went to see her, he began shaking uncontrollably and started verbalizing his crying. It was both AMAZING and HeartBreaking. They were beyond words and we found ourselves having to comfort him. Now he is severely depressed. He knows where our most recent baby died and now he is afraid of everything that moves. Any sudden movements scare him horribly and this was never his personality. He at 8 years old was just diagnosed with heart failure. I am worried about his fears. Has anyone else seen behavior like this from a dog who has had to acknowledge death? Thank you.

Best Answer

Animals live in the moment. They don't spend thier lives being afraid of things with a few exceptions.

Flight or fight response, a natural instinct at the moment of danger that kicks in with either fight or flight.

Some domesticated animals like dogs can pick up fear of things. If you've ever watched the dog whisperer episode about the great dane who was afraid of the tile floor, you'll know what I'm talking about. His owner induced his fearful reaction by him picking up on her response to a previous accident. Her fear that he would "fall" again caused his reaction to tile floors.

Best Answer

I guess they are. Otherwise they would've all been extinct by now.

Best Answer

NO............ A SONGBIRD WILL BE SINGING AWAY ONE MOMENT THEN LAYING DEAD THE VERY NEXT ONE

Best Answer

animals just are. They only have the capacity to accept life and death.

Best Answer

you never seen animals in a queue at an abbatoir then>> im not vegetarian but i never ever want to see that again

Best Answer

Your Story was an absolute God Send to me. It was if I had wrote it myself. I worked in Home Health and I had a Chihuahua who also was so "In Tune" with health problems in people he had never met and even actually became a 'certified medical companion' for me when I developed seizures. He picked up on them 4-7 minutes before they occurred. I would take him to patients homes and he ALWAYS sat at their feet and whined or would just comfort them. He had been exposed to so much death. I had lost 3 dogs also just like your story before he approached 9 years old. His first experience with the death of a very old house dog of 17 years when he was only 2 almost took him from me. He almost grieved himself to death and I sat up with him every night for 3 weeks due to very labored breathing and severe depression. They just pumped him full of steroids for weeks and he eventually recovered. At 8 years old, he was diagnosed with heart failure just like you wrote. I just lost him this past Sunday and it was a very sudden and horrible way for such a Noble creature to go. I could never refer to him as a Dog and He was above Human in Compassion and Love and Senses. He was always experiencing the Pain of whatever was around him and was always very scared of sudden movements and noises. He loved ALL creatures and even played with the squirrels and birds. I was 'always' experiencing spiritual things through him. My respect for him is indescribable. In all his episodes of high stress, from a puppy I would sing the song "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" and it would calm him like medication. During his last 2 hours, I sang that song to him and he would quit breathing for minutes at a time and suddenly he would began breathing on his own again for another 5 minutes or so. This lasted for 2 agonizing hours. I finally told him there was a "Bright Light" and to go into that light and the Saints would welcome Him Home. I repeated this 2 times and then, He took a breath like no other and I knew it was his last. The Vets and Assistants who witnessed this said they had never seen anything like it before. His determination and just the entire situation was beyond comprehension. I KNOW that They Go to Heaven and that was his final gift to me. His loyalty to me kept him from leaving me and I don't even know how to begin living life without Him. I Just know that finding your post here has really touched me and I find comfort knowing that he had a kindred spirit on this earth and hope that these 2 Blessed Creatures have found each other in Heaven for they were Blessed with a Spirit that exceeds any logical explanation that anyone can offer us. Thank you again so much. Sorry if I assumed your Angel has passed, I hope that you still have him.

Best Answer