Are anti-depressants a way over prescribed 'cash cow' for pharmaceutical companies?
lezstar lezstar 46-50, M 10 Answers Nov 7, 2009

they are not really new... and do work for some... so i'd have to say no.

Best Answer

yes they are now and days if a kid acts up its not thier fault "Hey lets dope them up"

Best Answer

I'm on various meds for mental health, most are double-headers, treating depression and anxiety. I have to say for me it got to the point I willingly made an appointment with a mental health facility because I was so anxious I was sick and tense all the time and was going to "blow up" - once I started on meds, while they weren't a magic cure, it did take the edge off and is maintaining a dull "cap" on anxiety and depression.

Best Answer

Yes they are the new "snake oil" First of they target a little understood "theory" of the mental illness model, and mostly for the benifit of "big pharma" I believe those whove been lucky enough to find some level of peace from taking them are experiencing a placebo effect. Studies will show that the placebo effect is powerful and either slightly or not at all more effective, but I say who cares why they feel better, just enjoy, since all we have still is pseudoscience anyway.

Best Answer

Yes totally. Half of the problems we have now days is caused by psychologists not doing their job and forcing pills down peoples throats. It's bs really, teach people how to deal with things on their own. Not to further repress it with some med that will slowly kill them and mess their head up worse!

Best Answer

I am on one and it helps some, not as much as I had hoped. I don't think snake oil does anything at all. So, I'd say no.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Right. Only the Word of God and the living under His guidance can bring you hilarity, health and happiness.

Best Answer

It's the new go juice

Best Answer