MissGaga MissGaga 22-25, F 16 Answers Jul 22, 2012

That's a tough call.<br />
Sort of like calling a Canadian or Mexican an American because they live on the North American Continent. <br />
They don't seem to like it.<br />
I know my Egyptian friend doesn't care to be called "African". He argues with me "No, I'm Egyptian".<br />
My Indian friend doesn't like when I say "Asian Indian", he says there is only "Indian". He hates that Native Americans are also called "Indians" (not our fault) and if I say "American Indian" he thinks I'm talking about an Asian Indian born here in America.<br />
It is all so very confusing.

Best Answer

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Yes it is very confusing! We better call the people as per their countries, right? lol and I like the example you gave at the beginning, what if we call Canadians as Americans lol!

Best Answer

We should be! It would be so much easier to get those scholarships that are geared towards Asians. I mean, where do they think the Middle East is?!? haha..I hate filling out those little bubble questions about where I'm from because for years I've always been "Other." They might as well label it "Them." haha

Best Answer

LOL that is funny and stupid of them as well! We are 22 countries yet we should be labeled as "others" and in another story "them" HHHHHHHH =P Arabs who are in Asia should be called Asians, and who are in Africa should be Africans! But not having a continent that's just.... ugh! lol

Best Answer

Exactly. I'm Jordanian and I consider myself to be part of Asia. A good portion of Middle Eastern countries are in Asia. I think it would be difficult for us to have our own continent because the Middle East encompasses so many different countries and when people think of the Middle East they think Arab, which of course is not true for all Middle Eastern countries.

Best Answer

I think so. Umm that makes me Asian, African, Arabic Arab. plus my country has a part of it in Asia and the rest in Africa. lol i'm already confused about my heritage this confused me more :P

Best Answer

LOL I know you are even though I would be confused if I were you! To be honest I forgot your case because it was very confusing itself... but you look very Egyptian to me =D

Best Answer

I know that you know :P and i see hehe thanks

Best Answer

*wouldn't be confused

Best Answer

okies then

Best Answer

In England you guys are not considered asian they call you guys middle eastern and they call pakistani's indians etc asian and chinese japanese etc oriental seems we got a less confusing system down here than across the pond aye ;) some arabs are asian the rest are northan african pretty simple

Best Answer

Eh, I don't know. We Arabs are always the outcasts, dumdumdum. And not all Arabs are middle eastern, by the way. For example, i'm from Dubai so i'm from the gulf not the ~middle east~. But we can be called Asian since, well, we are in Asia.

Best Answer

Not really sometimes people consider Arabs as Africans.

Best Answer

My country is in Asia, not all Arabian countries are in Africa. -_-

Best Answer

I know Middle East with the falafels and all i know i know :P

Best Answer

I guess you can go buy whatever you like. <br />
When I say that I like Asian dudes I definitely don't have the Arabs/Middle Eastern men in mind at all. So I guess I don't consider them to be Asian but I do refer to them as South Asian.

Best Answer

Asia Minor...fine distinction, but it doesn't seem to count the same way for some reason

Best Answer

Most of Russia is part of Asia, but do we ever call Russians Asian? No, the world recognizes Arabs as 'Middle Eastern' regardless of what is technically correct.

Best Answer

According to scientists it appears we all originated in Africa, but it's rather silly to say we're all African. Arabs are considered to middle eastern which is a mixture of African, European, and Asian heritages. One of the more interesting aspects of being at the crossroads of so many diverse cultures is that the middle east and India are famous for the major religions they have either created or inspired.

Best Answer

Mayhap i was wrongly educated, but Asia is huge. my Lebonese friend is from Lebs. Im Irish, By telling. Be what youre mind says. be human and happy for it.

Best Answer

I totally read that in an Irish accent in my head.

Best Answer