Surely not, if you have a black president of what is considered as the most powerful country in the world. black musicians and sports stars make far more money than their white counterparts. at work there is a bunch of legislation to ensure blacks are not discriminated against. do you think alot of the so called racism isnt racism atall, maybe just people playing the race card?
moewishaw moewishaw 26-30, M 12 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Hobbies

I've been pulled over by the police 4 times and let go without an explanation four times. I had a cop follow me for about 2 miles all the way to my house for no apparent reason. I get followed around department stores, hardware stores, and convenience stores. Women clutch their purses the moment they see me. You tell me.

Best Answer

We're all discriminated against now and then.

Best Answer

I believe if they allow it, then yes.

Best Answer

Are you kidding me?<br />
Have you looked at statics about imprisonment, poverty, racial profiling, addiction, positions of power, wage difference, and how the justice system treats a white person versus a black person?<br />
Racism doesn't just "go away" over a couple of decades. The vast majority of people who were alive for the civil rights movement are still alive an MANY opposed it. These wounds take a long, long time to heal.

Best Answer

No. But all people are discriminated against....I live in Hollywood and I work in Beverly Hills. Its not easy to make it out here. Put it this way. If your not a certain type of black person. You will be discriminated against

Best Answer

Here is an interesting reality. Although I have not seen it, I understand it exists. Employers can be hesitant to hire blacks, or people from other groups, because they fear EEOC filings if things do not go the way the new hire thinks they should. So, if a person is black and really good, no problem, but black and marginally qualified, and they look for safer alternatives.

Best Answer

Everyone is.

Best Answer

Every is discriminated against in one way or another.

Best Answer

sadly, lots of people are still racist

Best Answer

Some places, perhaps, but in other places they have enjoyed special privileges for 50 years. Odumbo, for example, got a ton of special privileges in colleges because of his color.

Best Answer

They're discriminated against.... By themselves. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have done more to hurt and oppress black people than any white man in the past 100 years.

Best Answer

how?

Best Answer

Really? Jesse Jackson was worse than the KKK and Jim Crow?

Best Answer

Because THEY keep the racial tensions high. They turn EVERYTHING into a black/white issue that has no relevance at all.
EX: Cop shoots a teen that is black.. It's not that the teen was robbing a liquor store and drew a gun. It's the "racist police officers" had it out for the misunderstood black kid.
People buy into it. All that does is create a bigger divide and resentment.

Best Answer

Notice I said any MAN, not group.

Best Answer

Gotcha. So everyone needs to be quiet and respectful about racism and it will go away on its own. That's how everyone wins rights!

Best Answer

Nope, not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying people need to stop with the hyperbole and sensationalism, which clearly you are great with.

Best Answer