I don't know what one would have to be guilty of when looking for a mate with any preference. Liking roses doesn't make the daisy less desirable to the garden, one tree in a field is no more wonderful then the fullness of a forest.

Best Answer

I don't understand how that metaphor applies to this question.

Best Answer

Simply that liking someone who is chubby (rose) doesn't mean someone who likes skinny (daisy) or vice versa should feel guilty because the are drawn or attracted to one more then another. Being drawn to a particular flower in the garden or a particular human character should not bring us guilt nor should it be considered a source of objectifying. Should I feel guilty I love peppermint ice cream over cheese cake flavored ice cream? Nope! Variety is the spice of life-enjoy.

Best Answer

Aren't guys who like intelligent women also guilty of looking only at a single characteristic? Its all the same.

Best Answer

Talking about physical characteristics

Best Answer

I know. But why is looking at physical characteristics called "objectification", but looking for an intelligent mate or funny mate not?

Best Answer

intelect and humor are not "objects" hence the word objectification.

Best Answer

Really? So appearance is an object? If it doesn't pertain to your question lets agree to drop it.

Best Answer

If they disregard everything else then they are ob<x>jectifying it. I prefer women a little on the chunky side, curves are where it is at for me, but, wouldn't ignore a thin woman or a large woman who has other attributes like being able to hold a conversation or enjoy a quiet day of fishing or hiking , maybe a motorcycle ride. How they treat me and others is way more important than dress size.

Best Answer

Yeah, absolutely.<br />
See, there's a distinction between being attracted to certain characteristics and ob<x>jectifying the women who have those characteristics. It's all well and good to be attracted to various body types - the problem is when the body type is the most important characteristic of the woman. At that point we get into ob<x>jectification territory which just hurts everyone.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

It is just as shallow.

Best Answer