Why yes or no? This question was resolved and who got the BA title? I wasn't warned about the time up either. I would say, most cops are honest. We get a few bad apple in the batch also.
Whateverrrrr Whateverrrrr 36-40, F 19 Answers Jul 25, 2012

Funny how many people criticize the police until they actually need one... then its a totally different tune.

Best Answer

Many do criticize them for bad behaviour. Not everyone is saying they're all bad! There are many bad apples though.

Best Answer

Cops often lie, cheat, and steal and, in fact, have a higher chance of becoming criminals than other professions. During the cocaine wars in the 80s Miami lost so many cops they began hiring anyone only to discover a few years later 1/3 of the police force had felony convictions and many were working both sides of the cocaine traffic. During the 90s small towns across America got their butts sued off when they decided to take a tough stance on crime by electing the biggest jerk in town as sheriff. In the last ten years or so cops have been routinely telling people things like it is illegal to video them in public which is a blatant lie. They've even confiscated and destroyed people's phones and cameras.<br />
Bottom line its a nasty job with high turnover, alcoholism, and suicide rates that tends to attract some unscrupulous characters. The more the public defends them and gives them free reign to do as they please the nastier they become.

Best Answer

1 out of every 12.

Best Answer

that's alot :) :(

Best Answer

jerks

Best Answer

ouch

Best Answer

A cop over here in the UK has been sent to jail for five years , for lying at a trial that sent a young guy to jail for 10 years who was completely innocent..

Best Answer

Never heard of this, thanks. We know, some of them lie.

Best Answer

It was just on the evening news.

Best Answer

ah okay! :) I guess, times are changing. Even people in authority gets busted the way it should be if they do wrong.

Best Answer

only about 45% of them.

Best Answer

Some are - some are not... I have met a few that would falll in to either category

Best Answer

50/50. Just pray you deal with the honest ones when you need to

Best Answer

I agree. ... Whenever I dealt with one, I found them to be okay! Except for one time and there was a reason for it.

Best Answer

It depends on the cop and the topic. Sometimes they are more honest then anyone would ever want them to be, to open your eyes about a situation. They have to be really careful about lying too, if they are a good cop they won't. Many cops live in a world where they know they can be sued at any moment and constantly have to "cover their a$$" as it is put. <br />
They have been known to talk in such a way they ask a question that is expressed in a way that sounds like a demand. I am not saying it is a good thing, but it does makes their jobs easier.

Best Answer

60% of them are honest and another is not

Best Answer