Capturedsoul23 Capturedsoul23 26-30, M 11 Answers Feb 28 in Dating & Relationships

They're logical but yet irrational. It's logical - you're not only body but soul too, and soul and emotions go together. But, they're irrational because they lead us to the non material world. :)

Best Answer

logical. We are humans, it's within our nature to be emotional. Some emotions are rational, others are not. .. I said this in a spock voice.

Best Answer

Hehehehe... Good answer!

Best Answer

All of the above. It depends what emotions are showing to be honest. For example: Sometimes emotions can take over all reasoning! :)

Best Answer

On point with that answer

Best Answer

I would say that they are none of the above. They are simply what they are, and they tend to occur outside of those realms. Rationality or logic can be applied to them, or used to shape them, but I believe that emotions simply occur, depending on the individual and the circumstance. As I wrote to someone earlier, feelings can be tempered by choice and perspective. In themselves, they just ARE.

Best Answer

Love is just love and hate is just hate? Grief is just grief? Hmm... What if a person experiences a great loss of a loved one (child) from someone who committed an intentional act (lets say rape, torture, and murder) , would they not be inclined at first to act based on pure hate and anger? What about grief?

Best Answer

Yes. The emotions are what they are, and for themselves. How you choose to act on those can be logical or illogical, as those are based on what you know and what you feel as well as whatever reason you employ to decide to act. The emotion is there, and it is what it is....what you do about them is where the rationality or sensibility comes into play.

Best Answer

To further elaborate....rationality and logic/illogic- they apply to thought. Emotions are not thought. They are states. They can affect how you think or how you act, but they are simply conditions under which you act or you don't. They can be tamed or shaped by habits of logic or perspective, but again, they are states that are triggered by physiological changes. They are a bit like the temperature. They are outside of rationality.

Best Answer

So you're saying people can always choose how to react... It's totally up to them? Even for the emotionally sensitive people that never could get certain emotions under control? Please enlighten me... I would love not to be so impulse driven based on extremely strong emotions!

Best Answer

Basically, if it involves rationality, then yes...as rationality and logic are about THOUGHT and DECISION. You asked if emotions were logical or rational, and they generally aren't to be judged that way. The terms do not apply, as they are not thought. If you don't understand what I mean, then I can't help you there. Emotions are a condition under which you act...they aren't measured by rationality or logic....the same way you don't judge temperature by its brightness. Do you get what I'm saying here? You might be an emotional person, and that may influence you to make irrational decisions, but the emotions aren't the irrational aspects there. You have an emotion....you have thoughts...the thoughts are rational or not so...and then you respond in one way or another. If the thoughts are rational, then sometimes you can use them to get certain emotions under control...but the emotions themselves just ARE....they are triggered by the situation or by a memory or a reflex or your own tendencies or whatever.....they are not THOUGHT, so they can't be considered logic or illogic.
That's as much as I can do to explain this.

Best Answer

Well said!

Best Answer

Thanks. LOL. I wasn't sure if I was getting my point across.

Best Answer

They're very necessary. Emotions CAN be irrational but only if we don't know how to use them. They give us clues as to how to deal with situations and what we want.

Best Answer

Depends on the situation. Fear can be adaptive as you know to avoid whatever is causing it. Conversely, emotions can also cloud you judgement severely.

Best Answer

Yes.. Also depends on the person too whether they are either highly emotional or not... Sensitive/insensitive! Good response!

Best Answer

Emotions are why we're human. They're part of how we express ourselves. The way we express them is the important part. We can do that proactively or in a negative way that is totally unhealthy. Emotions are never going to be classified as "logical" .. just the way we deal with them can be.

Best Answer

illogical and irrational. Life is the same

Best Answer

when our emotions are on high or very intense, when we are responding on impulse or passion, our emotions can be very illogical and irrational. sometimes, we need to take a step back and be quiet before we go on the war path.

Best Answer

Good one! The sensitivity level of a person plays a major part as well...

Best Answer