I guess the main question is WHY are they important....what need is there?
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 15 Answers Jun 19, 2010

Any sociologist or psychologist would tell you yes, friends really are necessary to all human beings. However, the process of forming and maintaining friendships can often seem like more effort than it's worth. I know the feeling, but I also know, when you are able to find the right people and form deep and lasting bonds, it's well worth the effort. (And remember, it's not about quantity, but quality. Some of the most popular people I know are also some of the loneliest, with many acquaintances but very few true friends.)

Best Answer

There will come a time in life when the world seems abysmally bleak and dark and there's nobody else who can pull you out and make you see that it's not so bad but those we call friends.

Best Answer

Man is and always has been tribal. It's not just thinking we do. It is hardwired into us.

Best Answer

friends are so important, especially really good trustworthy friends that you can discuss serious life stuff with. I always leave my friends with a feeling of growing and learning. I love my friends dearly and realize life is short so you either get with it and make the efforts or....miss out. I really get alot from my friends and I hope that they feel the same about me. I think I am a good friend to a few. so.....the answer would be a BIG YES!! friends are necessary.

Best Answer

Benny Hill used to say "A friend in need is a bloody nuisance".

Best Answer

Perhaps not "necessary", but they make life so much more pleasant. It is nice to have people to talk to, confide in, laugh with, and share with. It is rewarding to help a friend through a hard time, and it makes our own pain easier to bear when we can lean on a friend for support.

Best Answer

Yes friends are good to have. Most people have few friends but it s good to have a lot of acquaintaneces at least/ You have to do your own thig anyway. But having friends is good but not necessarily essential

Best Answer

My immediate family provide all the support I need. I have a couple of friends. But we drift in and out according to whats happening.

Best Answer

I think we are really herd creatures.

Best Answer