There are several factors that go into what grade you get. While I do believe intelligence is one of them, that changes over time. "Intelligence" is not stagnant, it's very fluid and changes as you learn new things.<br />
In my experience, the biggest factors are ability, effort and consistency. Do you have the ability? Are you making your best effort? Are you consistent in your efforts? Those are the factors I would look at.

Best Answer

Grades are merely a snapshot in time. They are dependent on a variety of outside factors: everything from the mood the student is in at the time of the test, to the amount of sleep from the night before; likewise it could have a bearing as to the mood of the instructor, to how many stressors were affecting the instructor at the time the test was created. So, do they prove intelligence? Not in-so-much as might be thought by a single test.<br />
That being said... guess what? They are about the best tangible indicator available. But they work best when viewed over a period of time. They can show trends. So are they a "reflection" of intelligence (which was really the question asked)? Yes. <br />
But just like a reflection viewed in a mirror, it could be blurred or obscured by how clean the mirror is (or how much bias was put into the tests which generated the grades).<br />
The trick is to realize any time you are viewing a reflection, it's not the real thing. A solid educator looks beyond grades when rating a student's intelligence.

Best Answer

No, they are not necessarily a measure of intelligence. Look up Howard Gardner's book Multiple Intelligence and Education. There are different sorts of intelligence and grades are not necessarily a measure of that.

Best Answer

Here is a good link for anyone interested http://www.infed.org/thinkers/gardner.htm

Best Answer

Depends on what intelligence you are talking about..there are different types. If its an English exam, it will tell you how good you are at English. Not Physics. Not Maths. <br />
Also, it won't reflect your emotional intelligence, your social intelligence. So...not really.

Best Answer

it is pure crap...most of my teachers should have just phoned it in...most iq tests are bogus also...they are knowledge tests and not intelligence tests...i am tired of people who are not bright at all running everything (except Obama, he really is smart). our entire system of living is wrong...

Best Answer

Not much. They might be a good reflection of how well you can play the system though.

Best Answer

I believe they are a reflection of your ability to sit exams and to remember facts. That's not necessarily the same thing as intelligence.

Best Answer

To a point

Best Answer

Either intelligence or effort

Best Answer

Dumb people usually don't get A's.

Best Answer

I've amazed people in my life
iv'e gotten people who drink themselves to death in a sentence wish to stop want help.
And some listen in the end some don't, its not about what a paper gives you as a IQ score
it's about your own experiences it's about how you learn the world around you weather or not that shows or comes out in the way everyone wants it to be and that's on paper someone can have a grate mind and high intelligence yet the papers score them like a dumb ***.
If people new my IQ level on paper they'd look at me and go "Not possible"

Best Answer