Please everyone, do not ingest, huff or otherwise use turpentine, gasoline or kerosene or any other dumb thing medicinally. I can't believe someone believes this. Just because you survived something doesn't mean it's good for you. Sorry about your family's illness.
I hear you and I respect your choices. My alarm was for the gullible teenagers that will read this and try anything they read about on the Internet. They dare each other to do dangerous things and do them. I'm just worried about kids taking up chemicals and experimenting with their bodies. I have no problems with traditional, herbal medicines and I know that's medicine.
We have the RIGHT, and dare I say, the DUTY, to medicate ourselves in any way we see fit. If a HOME REMEDY works for you, AWESOME! If you've come up with YOUR OWN remedy, FREAKIN' AWESOME! But whatever you do, for the love of heaven, DO NOT mention HOME REMEDIES to QUACKS... er, uh, I mean MEDICAL DOCTORS!