thisisevenlessfunnow thisisevenlessfunnow 26-30, M 8 Answers Dec 20, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Yeah "liberals" are like "Do you believe in gay rights?" "Nope" "You're an evil person that should be locked up" "Umm, I have a right to my opinion" "No, no you don't, your opinion is wrong" "But..." "Shut up, or I'll have you arrested for hate speech" "I have the right to say what I want" "No you don't, you might offend someone" "So you're a liberal?" "Yes and a progressive" "So why are you trying to curtail freedoms and individual liberties?" "Because it's the right thing to do" "Ohhkay......but don't you believe in moral relativism?" "Yes, yes I do, no-one should be judged on their particular morality" "You just judged me though" "Yes because you're a bigot" "But by your own standard you can't make that judgement. I mean sure you can think that but if you say or do anything then by your own argument you're oppressing me with your personal morality which you admit is no better than mine so you can't claim an objective basis for any action you take. In fact to be in accordance with your own stated views you'd just shut the hell up" "ummmm...............shut up you're a bigot".

Best Answer

"Do you believe in gay rights?" "Nope" "You're an idiot" "Umm, I have a right to my opinion" "Yeah, but your opinion is stupid" "But..." "But what?" "I have the right to say what I want" "Yes, you do. And I have the right to tell you that what you are saying is stupid" "So you're a liberal?" "Yes and a progressive" "So why are you trying to curtail freedoms and individual liberties?" "I'm not, I'm just telling you that you are an idiot" "Ohhkay......but don't you believe in moral relativism?" "Sure" "You just judged me though" "Yeah, because I have a brain and am capable of making judgements" "But by your own standard you can't make that judgement. I mean sure you can think that but if you say or do anything then by your own argument you're oppressing me with your personal morality which you admit is no better than mine so you can't claim an objective basis for any action you take. In fact to be in accordance with your own stated views you'd just shut the hell up" "I never said I couldn't make that judgement, or that I couldn't express my opinion of how stupid you or your opinions are, you assumed that for some idiotic reason."

Best Answer

You have them nailed, Ketsan.

Best Answer

Yes. They are interested in coercion, not in liberties. (Don't whoop it up conservatives. You just want to coerce different behaviors out of me.)

Best Answer

I believe so.

Best Answer

If I am not allowed to push my thinking or beliefs on someone else, then neither are they. They are no better than anyone else.

Best Answer

No! Liberty, Liberal, perhaps you catch the similarities.

Best Answer

Perhaps the ideologies are mislabeled themselves.

Best Answer