My brother had a kid with a white woman, And I notice a lot of cultural differences. Like we Mexicans or at least the ones I know talk to uncles, nuts from mom and dad side of the family, some of my cousins are really close.
Pyschomantis Pyschomantis 22-25, M 6 Answers May 4 in Hobbies

Seems like it from what I've seen around my area, the older ones that don't use drugs or hang with gangs that is.

Best Answer

As society modernizes the family becomes more compact. If you had lived 200 years ago you would have noticed very little difference. Even today in rural areas the culture is closer to what you describe as "Mexican"...

Best Answer

I can kinda see that, I always wonder if Catholicism had to with it.

Best Answer

Well there is a longer term difference between Northern European cultures and Southern Mediterranean cultures. Northern Europeans are generally more cautious, conservative and less expressive then Southern Europeans. Mexican Culture is a mix between Spanish and native culture. Spanish is Southern European culture.

Best Answer

That is exactly what I was thinking. Northern European especial western parts are different from Southern western Europeans. I had a priest to come my parents house and he was kissing everybody's hand and he was like, this was a old custom in most Latin American countries.Which of course were Part of Spain.

Best Answer

Yes. As for catholisim i do not think that has anything to do with it. Many Northern Europeans in America are of Irish decent and are catholic but they are not as expressive or like that priest you described. You will not see Irish catholic priests kissing everybody hands. In fact northern Europeans would probably be offended by that if it happened.

Best Answer

True.

Best Answer

Many are in that a marriage is still something of value to them. Times are changing and it is harder for there young to get out in the world and do stay home longer. Many boys/men thin use alcohol or what not as a way to pass time. But over all you are right.

Best Answer

yes, generally speaking, they have a stronger family bond.

Best Answer

I've always noticed that Mexicans are very family oriented - they take care of each other

Best Answer