They are way too self absorbed to soak up that.

Best Answer

My mother is a narcissist- they are incapable of love. If they don't get a "fix" from you they will destroy you and feel justified because you caused dissapoinitment in them. RUN- get away- you cannot have a relationahip in which you are not constantly wounded or ultimately destroyed with a narcissict. Wrote a 13 page letter telling the swine off- haven't heard from her in nearly 3 years- good riddance to bad rubbage and when I hear "but she's your mother- I can become violent".

Best Answer

I think a TRUE narcissist, say one who may have narcissistic personality disorder, does not allow themselves to become aware of any other's emotions, thoughts, or feelings , ESPECIALLY when it relates to them...but having some healthy self-esteem is different, and especially if you are letting others know they have it too! and that they are beautiful, and we're all great in our own ways=)<br />
I think however some narcissists do not give compliments such as that frequently; hence the term narcissist....I t hink they may shut out real feelings, about others, and themselves, and need to make sure they let themselves know how good they are all the time..it is possibly a defense mechanism? These disorders are NO one's fault, and its not like narcissists CHOOSE that..or choose to be like that..(my mom is one, but also deals with other disorders)....it can be extremely difficult at times, to be around an very true narcissist...

Best Answer

yes it it hard because they always put you down inorder to feel better about themselves and yeah she has never given me a compliment in her life. but she is always fishing for compliment for herself. lol. she sends me picture of herself posing all the time. she tags everybody;s name on fb to pictures of herself posing. ugh! thats why alot of people have been deleting her lately. she just doesn't get it.

Best Answer

I know..i hear you....just know who YOU are, because you'll be so much happier..I am no longer dependent on anything others TELL me about me..because I had been ALL my life..very much so..=( And if they want to talk ALL about themselves, and constantly boost themselves, try to ignore it..just know you, your mind, your own truth, and know YOU deserve happiness and a compliment too !!!!!!

Best Answer

thnx:) i will.

Best Answer

perfectly stated

Best Answer

what matter for them is they love themselves, sometimes I even doubt they realize other people exist

Best Answer

Oh god, now I feel hated! D: I'm a Narcissist but... perhaps a loose one? I think I'm a beautiful person, inside and out, and appreciate myself as someone who's capable of being lovely. It's not to the point of self-centered adoration though. I guess I just act a bit overly confident because I used to have low self-confidence and be insecure. Maybe I try and boost myself up by telling myself I'm beautiful? Who knows... but the truth is we're all very beautiful in our own ways. Some people would label someone who sees that as a Narcissist, but if that's the case, I wish everybody could be a little narcissistic : )

Best Answer

You don't sound like a narcissist just a confident happy person. Perhaps share your secret with a few people on here?

Best Answer

The secret is simple: appreciate yourself! Life is easy when you make it easy for yourself : ) We are the only people in our way! If you don't think you're beautiful, stop it! You're extremely beautiful ^^ If you think it hard enough and believe it for yourself, it's true~ Be comfortable in your own skin because you'll be in it for a loooong time~ Might as well get used to it now xD

Best Answer

you don't sound like a narcissist. you sound like a confident person.

Best Answer

agreed. Confidant yes and happy with yourself. True narcissist can't even admit they are narcissists, have jealous tendencies, and react to criticism with anger.

Best Answer

@mjsparks exactly what i was thinking. they could never admit to being narcis in their mind they are perfect.

Best Answer

no they are too wrapped up in their own BS

Best Answer

My mother (not sure if she my real mother) is a narcissist and NOPE she never catches on that people don't like her..she is oblivious and she always has to be center of attention and talks non stop nobody can even get a word in.. It's all about her and her greatness.

Best Answer

Are we sisters?

Best Answer

no idears

Best Answer