I'm told that when troops in Afghanistan go to the Mess Hall for breakfast, they find it locked and a notice posted that says due to budget cuts, breakfast will no longer be served. I found a link to the CNN story. Instead of budget, they say it's logistics. http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/01/30/army-hot-breakfasts-in-afghanistan-cut-due-to-logistics-not-budget/
sweetromance2 sweetromance2 51-55, F 19 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Hobbies

Wherever you got that information from Is a buncha ******** and Liars Because our troops are fed well And you can take that to the bank I'm a Marine who did 26 years in the United States Marine Corps and I will tell you that there's always food enough for all the soldiers Semper Fi and God bless the USA And I am sorry if I hurt any feelings I was in Vietnam for 6 years and lost a leg

Best Answer

My husband is a Vietnam vet also. I wish you the best.

Best Answer

Godspeed and peace

Best Answer

God bless I'm in love with all my heart

Best Answer

yea thats not true. my hubbys in the army and its just not true. we dont get paid though occasionally but no one is going hungry

Best Answer

I'm glad it isn't true. If it were that would be an outrage.

Best Answer

yea but if it was true dont you think the media would be all over it?

Best Answer

The Washington Times reports that instead, troops will be getting pre-packaged meals known as MREs (Meals Ready to Eat), which are referred to as “Meals Rejected by Everyone,” as reported by CNN. The move has prompted troops to write home to request alternatives. How pathetic, that the men and women who risk their lives are not getting breakfast!

Best Answer

uh theyve always gotten mres thats nothing new.. hate to break it to ya... but thats what they eat

Best Answer

Those are for field duty, not camp. However I understand this is not in major bases but bases that are preparing to leave. Hopefully red tape won't get in the way.

Best Answer

i rather eat mre's the whole time im in the military over no job at home.

Best Answer

Actually, no HOT breakfast will be served. there is still juice, cereal, and crap like that, not to mention they get FOUR meals a day usually.<br />
No offense but they're in war, I think as the war winds down to it's final year they can live with two hot meals daily and one MRE. It's a Military ba<x>se, not a freaking hilton.

Best Answer

MRE's are GOOD! FEMA was handing those out after the hurricane.

Best Answer

Have you ever eaten one? I haven't so I don't know.

Best Answer

It's better than eating out of the garbage or at the soup kitchen and yes I know from experience. (the eating trasha nd at soup kitchen part, not being in the military)

Best Answer

No they have been cutting back on troops for over a year now. I am one of the unfortunate ones who lost their position due to those budget cuts. Many respectable people are being forced to retire early as well.

Best Answer

How long ago did you get back? BTW Glad you made it home.

Best Answer

Last March I wanna say. It has been almost a year now either way. 60% of my company was dropped. Sergeants and Officers being forced to retire early as well. Needless to say the entire thing felt like a **** storm.

Best Answer

I fear it may have caused more problems than it solved.

Best Answer

sounds like a heaping pile of bullshit to me.

Best Answer

Sounds like another BS story put out by far-right propagandists.

Best Answer

More likely communists.

Best Answer

Because all 50 members of the American communist party have that level of power?

Best Answer

Lol Hardly, more likely that things are not always what they first appear to be.

Best Answer

The story was reported supposedly by CNN and The Washington Post. Aren't those liberal outlets?

Best Answer

No.
I'd categorize CNN as center-right. The Washington Post was bought by the Moonies a while back.
I suggest you try listening to streaming audio of Pacifica sometime for comparison, as that really is media with a left-wing bias...Incidentally, because I listened to them I was totally not surprised that we found no weapons of mass-destruction in Iraq.

Best Answer

Obama's just royally fúcking them because that's what Democrats like to do to our troops. Look at how LBJ treated the troops in Vietnam.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I sure hope they are fed well, they are serving the U.S. I was in the army & was always fed well, but that was some time ago. If they need them to fight a war then they need to feed them & have the proper equpment.

Best Answer

I agree with that.

Best Answer

Bullshet.

Best Answer

Not now but possibly in the far future

Best Answer

No, there is no truth to that.

Best Answer

highly unlikely...as in bullshit

Best Answer

No, maybe just a few less multi-million dollar drones, or billion dollar war ships.

Best Answer

Doesn't matter if they are hungry. They will all be shot dead by enemy anyway cuz no money for bullets either.

Best Answer

Right....The military forgot to allocate money for bullets....

Best Answer