I can't remember anyone getting killed by an earthquake here in the last 10 years but I heard on the news a few minutes ago that some state in the mid-west had a 150 tornadoes last year.
555calif 555calif 51-55, M 13 Answers Jan 29, 2012

I would be much more afraid of the tyrannical government than the earth quakes.

Best Answer

Dont really know but i lived their for 22 years and i will tell u i would rather be in an earthquake than in a hurricane or tornado any day. I think it is fun to be laying in your bed when a mild one hits. I'd rather have it Be unexpected then to sit and wait and know i mite die when this thing gets here. Dont know but thats just me.

Best Answer

people are afraid to move to cali coz it's expensive as hell.I live in sf...

Best Answer

Yes, one of the reasons I won't move to California is because of earthquakes. They're not predictable with a certain "earthquake season". My town was shaken by the earthquake in DC earlier this year and it wasn't very devastating, so it's not that I think every earthquake kills tons of people. But it definitely damages property and could kill. I also wouldn't move there because the housing is so expensive, there's a ton of traffic, there are too many people, and I've heard west coast people are really different from east coast people.

Best Answer

Afraid??Yes of the rath of God. the life styles there are begg n

for punishment....Just say n

Best Answer

People who've never experienced an earthquake might have only the TV images from the big ones as a point of reference. Most earthquakes are underwhelming, gone before you've realized that no one is gently tapping your chair with their foot.

Best Answer

I think the fear has less to do with the quake iteself, but the unpredictable nature

Best Answer

I think for many people it is, just like people might be afraid to move to Florida because of hurricanes... or afraid to move to Wyoming because of snow.

Best Answer

Yes, that perspective is probably true.

Best Answer