fuglywuggly fuglywuggly 26-30 69 Answers Jan 23, 2012

Not at all. We don't want kids because we want to maintain the life we want. If we had kids and still tried to maintain the life we wanted, then that would make us truly selfish. I'm being selfless by not having kids. People who keep having illegitimate kids and stress the tax payers are the really selfish ones.

Best Answer

Your response was good until you shamed and blamed others.
Men or even young boys can be very persuasive with innocent girls, this is how they get good girls pregnant, the decent girls aren't expecting things to get physical. They succumb to keep the boy or for many other foolish reasons, but they're only guilty of being young and innocent, they do not deserve to be condemned.
It would be preferable if all pregnancies were planned and the couple involved were affluent, capable of providing every opportunity, but this is the real world, not some Utopia.

Best Answer

Are you fcking kidding me??? Apparently you live under a freaking rock!!! Only the innocent have illegitimate kids??? Are you serious??? Come to New Orleans and see just how many people take advantage of the welfare system. Go to any major city for that matter. Please get a reality check.

Best Answer

You two are totally missing the point. The point is MOST ILLEGITMATE BIRTHS results in abuse of the welfare system. I'm NOT talking about the few isolated cases like yours. I'm done. I've got better things to do than argue online.

Best Answer

I have checked my facts. I have lived in New Orleans, Houston, Vegas, San Diego, New York and Boston. I know what I'm talking about. All the urban parts of these towns have serious abuse of the welfare system going on. In New Orleans alone there is an obscene amount of system abuse going on. I rea the news every day. Just recently a 25 year old man was shot right outside of the housing projects. He fathered NINE children all from different women and was receiving over $100K in assistance a year. That's just ONE out of thousands if not millions. Yes, I ha e my facts. Do you???

Best Answer

By extension you statement suggests that only people who can afford children should be allowed to have them?

Best Answer

That makes sense.

Best Answer

I'm one of those people who don't want to have children. This is my personal opinion.<br />
I think not wanting to have children is the opposite of selfishness. The instinct to multiply is something that nature put in all of us living beings, but people who decide that they don't want to have children, make a conscious choice to go against that, knowing that for some reason or the other they'll not make suitable parents. That's anything but selfishness. <br />
On the other hand, unfortunately there are a lot of people who have children only to fulfill that natural desire, or to leave behind a legacy. To have someone to help them at the old age, or to improve their relationship with their significant other. People who bring a child to this world without thinking for a second about the life that child is going to have. That, in my opinion is the true selfishness.<br />
I'm sure this sounds pessimistic [and I'm generally an optimist] but in the entirety of my life, I have only met a handful of people who appeared to have made proper parents for their children, and only one pair of parents who made me think "wow, these people are really parenthood material. I hope they have 50 children". And yet, most people I've met want to have children.<br />
Here's something else I find purely ironic. I'm an Engineer, so that's what I'm going to use as an example. In order to become an Engineer [and even more so if you want to earn your specialization] you have to study rather hard, pass many exams, write/design many theses and so on. And yet, there are certain projects that when you want to get involved with, you have to go through some pretty intense testing and interviewing. So, in order to be trusted with the well-being of some inanimate ob<x>ject that you're going to be responsible for, you have to go through hell and back. And yet, when you are going to be trusted with the precious life of a sentient being, there are no exams, no interviews, and the qualification requirements are completely minimal.<br />
Most people would say that having children is what nature intended for us. Well, look around. "This" is not what nature intended for us. Our planet is exploding with population. World is full of children who are living in the saddest of conditions. Nature is slowly dying, and we're running out of natural resources. Nature intended for us, as a race, to be able to continue. But we have way passed overdone it. <br />
Selfishness is not seeing that not everyone is meant to have children. And that's my 2ยข....

Best Answer

I agree. A very well thought out answer from Aasemoon.

Best Answer

No not at all. Many reasons why people don't...some don't because they just feel they won't be good parents.

Best Answer

Absolutely not. In fact, I refuse to have children with the way our country is already going. I'd hate to see the things the next generation below us has to deal with.

Best Answer

Completely the opposite. That's like saying Mother Theresa or Oprah are selfish.

Best Answer

It depends on their motives of course, but the net result of fewer people reproducing is good if you believe the planet suffers from human overpopulation.

Best Answer

No, we are awesome.

Best Answer

its the opposite.<br />
1. the leading cause of global warming is the population.<br />
2. the next generation is going to have a very very hard time because of global warming and depleating resources, isnt it kind of rude to expose them to that knowing it ahead of time?

Best Answer

Nope. I don't ever want to have kids but it's not cause I'm selfish, it's cause I can't stand kids and if I were to have them I would probably not be a very good parent..

Best Answer

Thanks (:

Best Answer

Not in the least bit, no one is obligated to have children.

Best Answer

Absolutely not. I personally think parents should be required to take a psychological screening and competence test before being able to have children. I worked as an ER nurse for a long time, and a lot of parents that have kids don't know the first thing about taking care of them. Others are so selfish that they can't look past their own needs to even care for a child. Of course, there were the abused children coming in with a DHS social worker for clearance. Ever do a drug screen that came back POSITIVE on a 4 year old?? It's not a great thing to see.

Best Answer

Not at all!!!!!! ;)

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No.It,s good for some to have kids and good for others not to.The thing that gets my goat are the ones that **** and moan about how much trouble and expense it is to have kids while catering to all their kid,s whims.Boo hoo hoo hoo!

Best Answer

I know many people that have decided not to have children. However, the most common reason seems to be they want a more fullfilling life for themselves by travelly more and doing things other than being a parent. Is it selfish? I'm not sure. Many of those same people generally don't like kids (some hate them actually) so it's probably better they weren't parents. I do find those friends of mine that have kids on average think more about others (startting with their kids). The others without kids sometimes pretend to care for other people and issues like the environment, but in the end I think it's mainly about themselves. Sorry!

Best Answer

i cant stand kids hence why were not having any. they are a nuisance they are like fleas. they ruin people lives by affecting holiday and going out. i dont have any issue with responsible people who do have them but the government should NOT give any money or support. i dont want my taxes going to someone elses crap who cant work.

Best Answer

I hate children.<br />
Go GREEN. Don't have them<br />
Vote for tax breaks for NOT having children. Makes MUCH MORE sense.

Best Answer

Not one bit. We have to many baby makers as it is.

Best Answer

No way. Seven billion people on planet Earth is more than enough.

Best Answer

Selfish is not always bad............

Best Answer