Please explain to us what do you think about the race relations here in America. You had the Tea Party, The Republicans, and now this Zimmerman saga, Where do we go from here ? Are we gonna come together, or are we gonna allow the media to drive a wedge between us.
zonus zonus 31-35, M 14 Answers Mar 20, 2012

I think race relations in the US have improved. There is nothing to explain. Change brings about differences of opinion. Those differences can start intelligent discussions about looking past race and dealing with problems and issues. Those that get bogged down with race use it as a smoke screen to not tackle the real issues the country faces.

Best Answer

I don't think that they have changed other than being more out in the open. What bothers me the most are the people that when you make some objection to Mr 0bamb's policies or performance, the first word out of their mouth is to accuse you of being racist. There seems to be a a number of people on the left that hold the view that because he has dark skin he cant make mistakes or preform poorly.

Best Answer

I feel so sorry for that poor dog after looking at your profile.

Best Answer

My profile was not written with an eye to pleasing haughty self appointed guardians of the public morals such as yourself, I am quite happy with the idea that you don't like me. As for my pets, The dog is really smart, and likes it here , I have a parrot too but it is a bird brain kinda stupid like all birds.

Best Answer

Under the Obama agenda, "Comfortable Slavery" applies to the middle class until unilateral poverty becomes indoctrinated standard as the preferred way of life.

Best Answer

The Tea Party was never about race. It was about RESPONSIBLE government spending. As to race relations, we have too many people out there shouting that if you disagree with the presidents policies you must be a racist. That is nothing but Liberal Democratic ploy to shut up the opposition. It's wrong! It is a lie! It's just plain pathetic. If you disagree with this presidents policies it might just be that you love your country and and you hate seeing what Mr. Obama and his cronies are doing to destroy it. I don't judge Mr. Obama's presidential effectiveness based on his skin color. I judge it on the basis of his performance, and guess what? His performance sucks. Barak Obama actually makes the Jimmy Carter presidency look good, and that's just plain sad.

Best Answer

race relations will not go anywhere because of any president. when EVERYONE realizes that racism is a two way street, THEN maybe we'll get somewhere.

Best Answer

Given how much worse blacks in general have done during the Obama Presidency, and the fact that they still support him, I'd have to say that we see much more racism. This whole group is voting someone just because of the color of his skin.

If he was a caucasion, asian or had brown skin, the NAACP would likely be holding near riots in front of the white house based on the same conditions.

If the guy spent as much time on race relations as he does fundraising (average one every three days since he announced his re-election last April) he might help them more, but he's probably not seeing a lot of blacks than need a job at his $17,000 per plate brunches.

Best Answer

Race relations are great down here. I think the separation between the bigots on both sides has become more obtuse, but those who aren't inclined towards ignorance have increased in number. We still have a self imposed segregation, and so called gentrification in neighborhoods in the US so we could stand some improvement. I don't think the self imposed segregation will ever disappear, though. I think gentrification has improved though. Obviously things have improved tremendously overall, or Obama never would have been elected in the first place.

You seem to have labeled Tea Party members and republicans. From my perspective, bigotry is more prevalent among so called progressives. I make a distinction between progressives and liberals.

Best Answer

Yes. IMHO Progressives want to keep minorities down on the government plantation.

Best Answer

Example?

Best Answer

Lowering Test standards assuming that this will help minorities for one. Posting commercials to encourage food stamp use, when food stamp use has increased 46% to 96% in some areas since the beginning of the Obama era.

Best Answer

Democrats keep minorities in a box trapped in a nanny state, and they pull them out of the box every election year for votes.

Best Answer

horrible examples! I am sorry but if someone needs food stamps they need to know about. No, progressives do pull the race card more often then they should but usually just added as flare to a point. For example 'xyz is true and oh by the way he is black'

Best Answer

in fact, ironically most people who pull food stamps are actually white females so the very topic of food stamps as a black issue is misguided

Best Answer

So you are saying minorities are not as smart as whites then.

Best Answer

That statement alone proves your racism. Obama came from no box. His intelligence got him to the top, something you racists can't stand. You want him to say massa massa?

Best Answer

Fiona, if this is what you got from my post, you need to work on your reading comprehension, and playing the race card is just a petty conversation stopper.

Best Answer

True Sean, but that doesn't negate what I'm saying. Go to the projects and look at the ratio. The system that progressive-ism promotes keeps minorities trapped in the welfare system. When you consider scale the fact that there are more whites on food stamps does not fly in the face of this observation.

Best Answer

Puck, insults and lies don't make you correct. Your examples are ludicrous. Do some research for once.

Best Answer

You're the one doing the name calling, so........

Best Answer

Don't need to call you names. The name you gave yourself explains itself quite well.

Best Answer

Wow, reading a certain persons responses, I don't know what i've ever seen someone work so hard to be offended, and given that I spend a lot of time in "PC" Portland, that's saying something. It must be nice to be able to blindly excuse all the incompetence and failure of a President who has dug us deeper in debt in three years than Bush II did in 8 by just shouting "racism" at everything.

Best Answer

Read your own profile. It spells racism.

Best Answer

TRUE STORY: ok so the guy who was on neighborhood watch and shot and killed a ‘black’ man who was living in the neighborhood WAS NOT ARRESTED. Now, it might have been totally for self defense and the kid might have been all coked up on acid walking around with an AK47 and it had nothing to do with him being black. HOWEVER, if you kill someone regardless of the reason you are being arrested and put on trial. So, does it matter that the kid was black? No. is the entire story very suspicious and remind us on only about 50 years ago? Totally.

Best Answer

Properly depends on what part of the country you live in I guess. Most of the states over here in the west don't care about race, just about living our lives without gov't interference. Listening to some people(democrats) you would would think that the race relations are worse because they sure use that race card a lot when something doesn't go the way they think it should....If they would get off that high horse they are on maybe they would see that the gov't is trying to control everything they do & it has nothing to do with Race

Best Answer

Race relations were great as long as there was no black man living in the White House. One poster tried to put Obama down for hosting fundraisers, but I guess its ok for Newt to have a sugar daddy.

Recently I saw an old white man being interviewed in Mississippi. He said he doesn't hate Obama for being black. He hates him for being a halfbreed. At least he's honest unlike 99% of Repubs

Best Answer

Ah, the famous cherry picked rednecks piece. That old man was trying to say that Obama is as much white as he is black.

Best Answer

Is that a fact.so that makes his bigotry ok then. Puck, you forgot to take your meds again.

Best Answer

Lol! Yeah right. Coming from the redneck who calls the President Odumbo. Be original for once in your life.

Best Answer

Obama getting elected just brought to the surface a lot of the ugliness that was not visible before. I have been really surprised by how many people I know that never expressed any racist sentiments before will do so openly now. Even more disturbing is the right wing media coverage of the president, which seems to revel in conspiracy theories about him, and trying to portray him as some kind of Manchurian candidate. The mere fact that he got elected shows we have come a long ways...the backlash against him shows there is quite a distance to go.

Best Answer

Maybe you're confusing political differences for racism. There's a lot of that going around.

Best Answer

You're correct, Anna. Just look at the latest bumper sticker selling like crazy. It says Don't Re-Nig in 2012 and calls Obama a chimpanzee. Or how about the judge caught sending emails calling Obama racist names? Yet they have the nerve to project blame on us and call us un American. BS.

Best Answer

"selling like crazy" is a gross exaggeration. The vast majority of those who want to vote out Obama, would not be caught dead with that bumper sticker. I live in the deep south and I've never seen it or even heard of it till now.

Best Answer

Google it.

Best Answer

very gross exaggeration as we here in the west have never heard of it either....we don't don't care what color anyone is in the white house,we just want a leader and a gov't that will butt out of our business...there is way to much gov't control in our lives(Obama didn't start the downslid) starting with the SS patriot act

Best Answer

No, I know the difference. Do you? Perhaps you think CPAC now openly hosting well known white supremacists equates to political differences....or all the racist emails being sent by prominent Republican figures is just political difference. Or that forty plus percent of white evangelical republicans thought that Obama is the antichrist. I'm not talking about political differences....I'm talking about a large percentage of conservative white people who have a near pathological fear of Obama that has nothing to do with politics. As far as presidents go, he has been the most moderate since Truman, so political differences do not explain the visceral response he gets from conservatives.

Best Answer

Once again, google it.

Best Answer

Obama getting elected just reflects relations we as a population already have so no action required.

Its like a shadow of what has already happend so to speak

Best Answer

.....and the fact that progressives always play the race card when someone disagrees with them. That alone implies racism.

Best Answer

i agree although progressives do not to this as much as people think but I would agree it is a problem

Best Answer

Yes, and I'd also like to clarify that I don't think progressives and liberals are the same animal. I applaud and am grateful for most of the accomplishments of liberals in this country., and I would never argue with the promotion of peace, justice, equality, and ecology.

Best Answer

Sorry Sean, I somehow accidentally posted a reply to the previous comment under your comment. Thanks for not snapping at me!

Best Answer

Lol! It's you people who play the race card.

Best Answer