Sweetners aren't really as well-tested as they should be. But they are chemical concoctions and the side effects poeple have registered aren't good, but they aren't guaranteed either. I wouldn't trust 'em.<br />
If you're going to sweeten tea, I'd recommend honey! It's actually healthy for you, and although there are some calories to burn, there are far fewer than refined sugar and your body processes honey pretty efficiently. Plus it's delicious.

Best Answer

brilliant thanks I will do that

Best Answer

Awesome! If you can find a farmer's market nearby, go there and get a big tub of unpasturized honey. Twenty bucks will last a year and it never goes off. The stuff in supermarkets is so heavily filtered that all the good stuff (nutrition and flavour) is taken out.

Best Answer

Thanks! Im in the UK but ill have a look for that :)

Best Answer

I herd somewere that it has been linked to cancer? Like drinking out of plastic bottles is linked to obesity?

Best Answer

too much of anything is bad, drink lots of water, best way to flush system

Best Answer

Actually Stevia is now the best if you are not going to use granulated sugar. I believe it is best to cut way down on how much sugar you consume but if I want something sweet, use real sugar.

Best Answer

Those artificial sweeteners are worse than sugar for the body. I agree with TIMeNIHIL about using Stevia, but watch out for those labels as well. Some are laced with lactose and some with dextrose. I recommend only 100% organic stevia powder.

Best Answer

What exactly is stevia? Ive never heard of it

Best Answer

Welp, put it this way, if the FDA pumps a rat so full of whatever they're teating and the rat doesn't contract any forms of cancer, it's said to be "safe"?!! Remember Sacharrin (sp?)? Now it's an acceptable sweetener! I do remember reading about aspertame that in large doses that it causes brain damage, and this new acai or whatever, "berry" is supposed to be ok. We won't finf out until a decade or two down the road when they have tested it on the middle/lower classes without them knowing! Our gov't SUX!!

Best Answer

splenda isn't as bad as the others. have you tried stevia? it's natural.

Best Answer