Questionator Questionator 26-30 136 Answers Aug 15, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

Yes for the poor an middle class.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

You made me so happy right now. I find it interesting that the people who make the most don't pay the most. I also find it interesting that when they're making billions of dollars they complain about hundreds of thousands or millions in taxes. Talk about greed.

Best Answer

People who make the most not only pay the most, but they do so at a higher percentage.

Best Answer

Gnat free...wrong baby doll. People who make the most pay more taxes than you do. Wouldn't you love to make more money and then pay more taxes than me?

Best Answer

They don't seem to be too high for the wealthy because they have the money to hire the tax attorney's to find all the loop holes so they can pay less than the poor. No wonder the poor keep getting poorer and the rich keep getting richer! During this depression the wealthy in this country have seen their wealth rise by over 200% while everyone else has gone broke! Yep it was on the news!

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

*standing up clapping* You tell them!

Best Answer

Wow Beaches 12 calm down, I beg to differ with you, the poor do pay taxes, just go to Walmart or McDonalds or your doctors office and a million other establishments ask those employees to see their paychecks and you will see that yes they do indeed pay tax. You say you are poor yourself however I doubt that sincerely, nonetheless do YOU PAY TAXES? Uh Oh you do! Hmm that's not what you just stated! You act like because a person is poor they don't work and are sitting on their butts collecting welfare. The poor and middle class have always carried this country, the rich are afforded the benefit of loop holes to get out of paying an equal share of their income just like Romney has done. Rupert Murdock admitted it himself he pays less tax than his secretary pays. Millions of people in this country work their butts off to just put food in their families mouth. My husband pays enough federal income tax to care for an entire family, so don't sit there on your high horse and act like YOU are the ONLY person who works HARD. WE ALL DO!

Best Answer

Don't forget that the reason the very poor pay no taxes is because they don't make enough money to pay taxes. Makes sense to me.

Best Answer

Not working hard? How about this.... an enlisted service man or woman in the army, let's say with 4 years service and in pay range E-4 ( a low range yeah, but not everyone can be a general) , will make about 28,000 in salary that year. They pay taxes like everyone else unless deployed, in which case I believe they are federally exempt. Now, I think very few would say that their civilian job here stateside is more demanding than those of our enlisted men and women. I think most can agree that 28,000 a year isn't going to go very far if you have anyone more than yourself to support, but they still pay taxes. Believe me, how hard you work doesn't have a direct impact on your financial success. The system doesn't give a damn about fairness. It only enforces law (and look at our lawmakers for heaven's sake). Some CEO can sit in his chair, and say "Buy this now....and sell it......now." And he's paid millions for that, but our service men and women devote years of sweat and blood for a meager fraction of the severance package the CEO would get if he black mailed his company.

Best Answer

Great answer...now do they get it?

Best Answer

For some of us they are.

Best Answer

Only to those who can't afford it . Which means the Middle Class and Poor.

Best Answer

Middle class Americans are being taxed at rates higher than during the American revolution, which was essentially about being overtaxed

Best Answer

Not to mention that the revolution was about rich white men who didn't want to pay taxes at all, then they were forced to enact a tax after the war. Plus the taxes were about the cost of defending the thirteen colonies from france and spain. So it sounds like the colonials felt like they were entitled to british protection to me. What liberals scum...

Best Answer

Taxes are too high for everyone except the rich, who aren't paying their fair share. Yes, I know they pay more than anyone else but they get so many breaks that they don't pay the same percentages of their income as regular people do.

Best Answer

considering that the bottom 50% pay zero in income taxes, i would say the rich are paying much more than your stated "regular people"

Best Answer

Sounds like a reply from someone with money. lol

Best Answer

The only thing that separates people consistently without money from those with it is stupidity and/or a crappy work ethic.

Best Answer

Not true. I'm not stupid and I'm a hard worker yet I'm not rich. A lot of times, a rich person is lazy and/or stupid but happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Best Answer

Are you kidding me? This is the best question that you could pull out of the EP Questionator hat? Oh brother. Of course taxes are too high and some of these questions are too stupid.

Best Answer

not according to those who benefit

Best Answer

Only for low income people.

Best Answer

Depends who you ask. If you ask most ordinary people they would say yes. If you ask many corporates, they'd say yes. But if you ask ordinary people do corporations pay too much tax the answer is likely to be very very different. <br />
Taxes for business and the super-rich are as low as they've ever been. For those, they should be a LOT higher!

Best Answer

There are 3 things in life that are certain -<br />
Death... <br />
Taxes...<br />
and that if you load up Windows Media Pla<x>yer and the volume control is set right down to 2 or 5 out of 100, it means that the last person on there was watching p0rn......

Best Answer

Yes! for income taxes, yes for homeoweners taxes, schools, hospitals, etc. When as a not rich person and not a poor person who get hijacked both ways. Taxes are killers of the family unite. The poor benefit from the assistance and the rich benefit from the wealth. I live with the constant counting on a yearly basis how much of our money is being sent to good old Uncle Sam The winners are the wealthy rich who find ways to cheat the American people and claiming this is the American way of life. Steal taxes from the working class who can barely make ends meat and cutting corners to survive.

Best Answer

who gets high?

Best Answer

Best Answer

THE TAXES ARE TOO DAMN HIGH!!!

Best Answer

The deductions from my salary average 59% so I'd have to say YES!

Best Answer

you notice they raise taxes to make money and when they have a abundance we dont get a refund................

Best Answer

Do you want 300 bucks or do you want the deficit to go down? Unlike what bush claimed doing both is not possible.

Best Answer

What the hell do you think? Most of our extra change goes towards nothing beneficial except their pockets for all we know. I must admit...ingenious scheme.

Best Answer

Only for the 99%.

Best Answer

Entirely too high. I calculated my tax percentage for last year and came to a figure of 29%! That means I work four months out of one year JUST to pay taxes! BTW, I make less than $50,000 a year.

Best Answer

Well on fuel: yes<br />
VAT: at 20% there isn't much of a change since it was 17.5% so No<br />
Income tax: Well my parents say they don't notice it because it is already taken from their salaries when they get it. So no. <br />
People always complain about tax, they are the people who don't want the economy to get better.

Best Answer