Triundi Triundi 26-30, M 6 Answers Mar 19 in Community

I'm not sure its the politicians as much as it is the voters. After all, Nixon and Agnew, how could be so stupid to vote for either?

Best Answer

lol!

Best Answer

no - not even close - if you're gonna join the hate-on-poiticians cliches, at least try to bring a little insight to it

Best Answer

I can't think of a single top-tier politician of the last 40 years who wasn't a classless fool. They're effectively the same terms. Imagine giving a Russian diplomat a toy with a incorrectly-translated word whose meaning is ironically the opposite of what you intended. Pathetic.

Best Answer

i was a bit harsh, but i still think you're using 'classless' in a narrow and limited way in this comparison - fool i can agree with, but as a general term of disparagement i think classless just isn't that applicable beyond a certain limited colloquial meaning - isolating some tacky and ignorant behaviour as evidence of the ruling class' classlessness doesn't persuade me, at least

Best Answer

people can be classy and be complete idiots and arseholes at the same time

Best Answer

I just find it incredulous how our highest ranking politicians apparently view meetings with foreign leaders who very recently were considered our enemies as little more than opportunities to joke around as if they were at a social luncheon. A little dignity and reserve go a long way—particularly in the case of the Russians. Not every culture considers it appropriate to fraternize in formal settings like a bunch of party house members. The fact that the leaders of what's supposedly the "most powerful" nation on earth can't translate a single word properly makes it all the more obvious that they don't care.

Best Answer

i guess we're each most embarrassed by our own politicians

Best Answer