will999 will999 61-65, M 6 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Beliefs

A Christian who deliberately poisons his body? Is that like a square-circle or a married-bachelor?

Best Answer

no where in the bible does it say no marijuana.

Best Answer

BrighterDaze you are right. The bible does not specifically prohibit it. But many christians see it as a 'lying spirit' or 'the broad road that leads to destruction' because it feels too good to be right. Now that the law has begun to change in Colorado and Washington attitudes may begin to change as well but I would not count on it. Many conservative evangelicals will continue to preach against it despite the lack of reputable medical evidence that it does physical harm.

Best Answer

I have met guys in christian youth groups who smoke marijuana but they are slow to admit it for fear of being 'disfellowshipped'. There is no biblical case against it but there is a consensus among youth leaders that all recreational drugs are bad or lead people away from god. Christians overall tend to be a fairly conservative lot. I do not smoke it myself but I think there is room for open discussion of the facts. There seems to be little agreement on exactly what the facts really are.

Best Answer

The Bible doesn't specifically denounce the use of Meth, E or LSD either. Does that make it ok to poison your body with them?

Best Answer

You're right about drugs like Meth, E or LSD maxximiliann which I avoid because I know that they do permanent damage to the body, the temple of God. I don't think the same has ever been shown conclusively to be the case with marijuana. Do you know of ANY reputable medical study that has EVER been published proving marijuana to be harmful to the body? I know this will offend some peoples BELIEFS but that is not exactly the same thing is it?

Best Answer

christians, such as myself, aren't banned from drinking alcohol, we just shouldn't get drunk.

Best Answer

Try being a Baptist, Mormon, Pentacostal or Apostolic. No booze, no nothing.

Best Answer

i dont think christians should follow religion but instead follow the bible. you'd think that makes more sense

Best Answer

exactly. catholics are near pagans in their practice why they are fall into the category of christian idk and the other denominations are worshipping a religion more than practicing whats in the bible. any denomination is like picking and choosing. i find it to be hypocrisy.

Best Answer

Why not just be a plan old christian?

Best Answer

That's them though not God. Silly people.

Best Answer

I know many that do. I am not christian, though.

Best Answer

I know many that do also MsTarantism. Many christian books that I have read list recreational drug use with witchcraft and sorcery as being equal to devil worship. It sounds ridiculous in our enlightened age but many people actually believe this. Other christians drink alcohol and smoke tobacco and say it is a health issue and not an issue of faith. I suspect that the silent majority of christians are not strongly against marijuana at all but do not say so for fear of reprisals from their own church leaders.

Best Answer